Exciting HR career opportunity for a customer focussed HR Officer who wants to work in an innovative, fast paced and forward thinking HR team. If you are seeking a really challenging HR opportunity where you can make a real difference to staff, managers and the organisation please get in touch.
Reporting to the HR Manager as HR Officer you will provide day to day support to managers in their understanding of company polices, best practice and employment law. This role is predominantly an office based support desk role where you will offer guidance and advice by way of telephone and email to support Managers in undertaking activities associated with investigations, disciplinary, grievance, absence and performance management. As HR Officer you will also be involved in all department administration, logging, reporting and be involved in project work that will increase the effectiveness of the business and drive the business forward.
- Contribute to business performance by pushing HR best practice and work closely with managers to aid in their understanding and implementation of people related policies and procedures
- Lead and provide expertise in all ER matters throughout the company, this will include disciplinary, grievances and conflict handling.
- Maintaining, reviewing and updating the department’s policies, procedures, manuals, folders and training documentation in line with government legislation
- Maintaining and preparing staff handbooks, orientation and induction paperwork and reviewing / updating them as required
- Responsible for the analysis and preparation of key management reporting.
- Maintain and audit “office” employee personnel files (electronic and hard copy) held within head office scanning and uploading hard files.
- Planning, preparing for and sometimes delivering, training, including HR inductions & Orientation for new employees
- Previous experience of working within HR in either an HR Advisor or HR Officer capacity and will have undertaken some HR study or be working towards a CIPD qualification.
- Track record of successfully delivering in a busy and complex environment.
- Strong ER and HR knowledge
- Experience of working within a fast paced commercial HR function that genuinely partners with the business.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills combined with a pleasant approach and understanding the importance of emotional intelligence.
- Be proficient in IT with Excel, Outlook and Word to intermediate level.
- Have a team approach and flexibility to support in different areas of the team as required.
- The ability to be flexible over your working hours, although core hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday the nature of a 24/7 operation may occasionally require support outside of these hours.
- You must have a full valid UK driving licence, and own vehicle and be able to travel (with a mileage allowance) where required from time to time for any project work.
- It would be advantageous to have prior experience in the care sector.
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Entered into our company Pension scheme
- We are a growth organisation, therefore there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the HR department and the organisation.
Founded in 1989, Helping Hands Homecare is an award-winning provider of live-in and hourly visiting care. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and are currently one of the fastest growing live in care companies within the UK. We are committed to providing the best level of care to our customers and equally to employing the best people, our business is all about people and providing an engaging and productive work environment is of supreme importance to us.
How to Apply
If you would like to take this opportunity and join the team at Helping Hands Home Care, please enter your CV and covering letter below.
Apply for HR Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly