The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) is Scotland’s environmental regulator, responsible for protecting and improving the environment in ways that also create social and economic success. As a forward thinking environment protection agency (EPA) we need to be ready to meet the significant challenges of the 21stcentury. And there’s a big one! Put simply, we are using the planet in a way it can’t sustain. If we continue to live the way we are, we’ll need the resources of three planets. We only have one. That’s why we’ve set ourselves the ambition of being the first EPA in the world that’s ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. To help us achieve this we’ll continue to need talented people doing the right jobs for SEPA.
We are currently undertaking a project to review and modernise our Job Evaluation scheme and are looking for a Job Analyst to help complete the outstanding evaluations under our existing scheme. Your key tasks will include:
- Interviewing postholders and managers to gather information about jobs
- Ensuring that jobs are described accurately
- Analysing jobs using SEPA’s JE system
- Inputting data into the JE system accurately
- Explaining the results of job analysis to the JE Panel
The successful candidate will work as a member of the HR team and previous experience of Job Evaluation is desirable. Candidates should:
- be educated to degree level (or have equivalent experience)
- have proven skills in interviewing, research, analysis and reporting
- possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have the ability to plan and organise their own work
Our future Job Analyst resource requirements are not yet confirmed and this is why this post is initially being offered on a 12 month fixed-term contract.