HR Manager - With Media Experience
Central London - 12 month FTC - 4 days pw
Central and West London
This leading broadcast media group provides media coverage for horseracing across the UK and internationally. They are an exciting and evolving business that is committed to its employees and have excellent retention.
The HR manager is an important influencer, reporting to the CEO. The role requires someone skilled at working with senior partners to deliver the company's HR plans aligned to the business strategy and ensuring that employee contributions are maximised. Additionally, you will lead a range of HR operational projects and initiatives.
Work will be split between our Victoria and Ealing offices.
To design and deliver a people strategy that helps to deliver the company's strategic plan by ensuring the contribution of all employees is maximised. To provide operational HR support for all elements of the business.
- Provide high quality professional guidance, advice and support to their managers, promoting HR best practice throughout the business
- Monitor, update and create policies and procedure in line with legislation and the needs of the business.
- To monitor and deal with all absence issues as appropriate
- Provide an effective and efficient recruitment service ensuring they recruit a high level of talent into the company that will live by our values
- Work with senior management team to develop and implement training, induction, learning and development activities as required
- Provide HR guidance to the senior management team on compensation and benefits issues
- Manage the annual salary review process and annual performance review process
- Conduct exit interviews with employees, collate, analyse and report on the information
- Work with the senior management team to ensure internal communication is timely, appropriate and engaging
- Maintain and update own knowledge of HR issues and employment legislation, keeping abreast of changes and best practise, ensuring that knowledge is shared and acted upon accordingly
- Be responsible for the management, confidentiality and maintenance of people related data
- Take overall responsibility for the promotion of good H&S practices at Victoria and Ealing and to work closely with managers to ensure they are aware of their operational H&S responsibilities
- Budget responsibilities for training and recruitment
- Line management of the HR Administrator.
- Degree or MCIPD qualification
- At least 5 years HR experience in Management
- Experience of managing employee relations issues
- Highly organised and ability to work on multiple projects at any one time
- High level of experience of working autonomously and within deadlines
- To work 4 days per week - Monday and Tuesday at London Victoria and Thursday and Friday in Ealing
- Excellent at building relationships at all levels
- Responsible for own workload, requiring minimal supervision with an ability to meet deadlines
- SME company experience would be advantageous.
Please only apply for this role if you have a minimum of three years media experience