HEAD OF HR
Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies currently have an exciting opportunity to lead the Human Resources function in a fast paced and complex environment.
Reporting to the Director of HR, you will be responsible for defining and delivering efficient and effective HR and Organisational Development services to enable managers to manage people in the most effective and self-sufficient way, whilst complying with regulations, legislation and maximising individual performance and motivation.
You will work in partnership with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of a quality HR service that supports a culture of continuous professional development and the development of a learning organisation.
With experience of improving and professionalising HR service delivery (transactional, operational and strategic), as well as experience of leading a large multi-disciplinary team, you will see this role as an opportunity to take you to a future directorship.
You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to develop and implement creative and innovative people initiatives, to support the dedicated workforce of Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies to deliver their Police and Crime Plan, and to respond to organisational change.
To be successful, you must:
- Be a chartered member of CIPD (or equivalent experience), with evidence of continuing professional development
- Have knowledge and experience of leading Human Resource functions and managing professional HR staff
- Be able to translate strategy into action and shape Human Resource services to support organisational needs
- Have experience of developing and implementing HR practice, policy and procedure
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and best HR practice
- Have experience of managing complex HR casework up to and including Employment Tribunals
- Display experience of successful management at a senior level and developing and leading high performing teams
- Have enjoyed success when planning and implementing change.
- Be capable of leading programmes, projects or initiatives, which have significant resources and strategic impact
- Have a good understanding and experience of implementing and improving HR Management Systems (HRMS) and, ideally, have experience of integrated ERP systems
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing and controlling budgets, resources and funding
- Have the superior verbal and written communication skills necessary to engage with employees, managers and partners
- Have a high level of interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to inspire and manage teams and articulate the vision for the department.
- Encourage the application of new ideas, contribute to strategic planning and manage change
It would also be ideal if you:
- Have experience of managing the delivery of HR services within a regulated and/or public sector environment, in particular blue light, NHS, Adult Social Care
- Are experienced dealing with financial accountability and procurement systems within a public sector environment
For details on how to apply, please click the apply button to be taken to our website.
Closing date: 5.00pm on 31st March 2017.
Interview date: 12th April 2017.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.