People & Transformation Director
1 day left
- Full Time
About Housing Plus Group
Recently formed following a merger of two successful housing associations, the new Group has over 12,000 homes and 600 employees. With an annual turnover in excess of £65m, we are a leading employer in the region seeking to attract, develop and retain the very best people to work with us.
- To be responsible through the Chief Executive to the Boards of Management for the effective leadership, development and management of a portfolio of functions, which includes people management, learning & development, organisational development (OD) and business transformation.
- Develop and deliver an effective corporate OD, Change and Transformation Strategy that drives cultural change and business transformation and supports the delivery of the business plans and objectives including efficiency savings, providing quality services and achieving business growth.
- Develop and implement the Group’s People Management Strategy, encompassing the cultural changes and people related implications of a growing organisation. Working with colleague senior managers to ensure that our people resources position us well to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure that change is effectively planned, supported and managed.
- As a member of the Executive Team, contribute to corporate decision making, strategic planning and direction, policy formulation, business development and planning and the achievement of the Group’s strategic aims and values.
Key Areas of Responsibility - People Services and Learning & Development:
- Develop, lead and implement a comprehensive and forward thinking People Strategy to support the Group’s business objectives and which reflects best practice in the recruitment, employment, reward, management, organisation, motivation, training and development and retention of staff.
- Lead on the production of the Group’s learning, succession and development programmes ensuring that they align with the organisation’s values and objectives and anticipate future requirements. Take lead responsibility for the training and development of the Group’s workforce and maintain succession planning through inspiring talent and ‘growing our own’.
- Strategic responsibility for diversity to maintain and promote equality and diversity practices throughout the Group.
- Strategic responsibility for securing Investors in People gold status for the Group and where appropriate other relevant external measures of our performance as an employer.
- Strategic lead on employee engagement, involvement, consultation and union communications and negotiations as appropriate.
- Ensure that relevant people, OD and change management strategies, plans and information is available and taken into account when making business decisions.
- To lead on the development, maintenance and review of effective staff policies to provide an effective employment framework, so as to promote the Group as an Employer of Choice and to comply with legislation.
- To contribute to bids for growth and expansion by providing advice and guidance on people issues including the implications of TUPE and subsequent employment issues for the Group.
- Support and deliver the people aspects of the business integration and transformation plans, ensuring excellent organisational design
- To be responsible through the Chief Executive for the strategic leadership of the People and Transformation Services.
- To orchestrate the programme of organisational transformation
- To ensure that the business has the skills for the future, including the development of a talent management strategy and effective succession planning.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sue Manning on 07939 269612.
For more details about the role, or to apply, please click on the button below.
Please note the deadline for applications is noon, Friday 28th April 2017