HR Services Manager
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of applying your HR and leadership expertise in a key management role with the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds, with 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life, AXA Wealth & Sun Life businesses.
Justifiably proud of our status as one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we’re continually seeking to build on this well-earned accolade and as our HR Services Manager, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment right at the forefront of a packed and exciting people agenda.
Reporting to the Head of HR Services, this is a brand-new appointment, with a focus on providing strong leadership and clear direction to our HR Services team – creating a culture of exceptional service and maximising their contribution to the business, enabling them to fully support the delivery of our HR strategy.
With 3 direct reports – specialising in Outsourcing/Supplier Management, Risk & Governance, and Systems & MI – you’ll enjoy a broad-based role spanning the complete HR spectrum, which will involve:
- Actively supporting the Group’s HR operating plan by effectively managing, empowering and developing the capability of your team, whilst ensuring robust systems are in place across all HR functions to meet the needs of a continually evolving and changing business
- The on-going provision and development of MI analytics and intelligence, including the oversight of Board reporting and relevant dashboards, as well as taking the lead and providing governance for all HR services projects, change processes and M&A activity
- Leading on all aspects of risk management, governance and compliance in relation to HR and statutory/regulatory requirements, with overall responsibility for maintaining Group HR management frameworks, policies and procedures
- Working closely with Legal and Procurement colleagues, having oversight of the Group HR supplier sourcing strategy and our approach to continuous improvement in respect of service delivery both internally and with 3rd party providers
As an experienced HR Services Professional, with a high level of stakeholder management, influence and awareness of how and when to apply this, you should have a related financial services background and must be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in the management and development of a high performing team, backed by a genuine ability to lead and deliver tangible results through a time of significant change
- A good knowledge of HR and Payroll Shared Services, underpinned by a strong understanding of relevant HR Services technology, systems and processes
- First rate communication, as well as operational and stakeholder relationship management skills, including the ability to confidently do so across all levels across this complex organisation
- Practical involvement in implementing and developing sourcing strategies, along with managing and reviewing the performance of 3rd party suppliers and outsourced providers
- A good degree of risk management expertise gained from within the financial services sector, coupled with evidence of being able to translate regulation and legislation into working practice
- Ensuring all aspects of the HR delivery are measured and monitored with robust MI & analytics aligned to the strategy and evidence performance across the business and its people
In return, you can look forward to a superb opportunity in a rapidly developing FTSE 250 listed company, who are able to offer excellent rewards, great conditions and genuine prospects, with a clear succession plan in place.
The Phoenix Group is unique - we're now the largest UK consolidator of closed life assurance funds, protecting the interests of over 6 million policyholders with assets under management of over £74 billion. Careers with Phoenix Group are different; if you’re looking for intellectually challenging work with one of Britain’s Top Employers in an unrivalled environment, we might just be the place for you!
To apply online, simply click the Apply button and you’ll be redirected to our careers website.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first-time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: 23 April 2017 at midnight