First Mile, voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017, are one the UK’s leading recycling businesses. We make recycling easy and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, almost 4,000 new customers join First Mile every year.
We believe that our people are what make the difference and help deliver our ever growing success. We are looking for a really talented individual to join our HR team and help us to source, interview, assess and hire top talent.
About the Role
If you’re passionate about people, the environment and recruitment then this is the perfect role for you. Working with the Recruitment Manager, you will be responsible for helping deliver recruitment strategies that enable the business to identify the best candidates in the market and build a talent pipeline. You will help manage and support the recruitment activity for a wide range of roles, supporting line managers with sound advice as well as developing their recruitment skills. Using a variety of appropriate recruitment and assessment techniques that include psychometrics, you’ll deliver a fast paced, timely recruitment plan that meets the needs of our growth plans. Although your primary focus will be recruitment, additionally you will help support the wider HR team on key activities and projects.
As a new key role in the HR Team, and a great chance to shape the future of the recruitment within the business and contribute to the wider HR agenda. We want you to make a real difference. For further information about us visit our website.
- Support and deliver effective recruitment activity. Support the Recruitment Manager in designing and developing and executing the most effective recruitment and assessment processes to ensure new hires are fit for purpose and meet the capability needs of the business. Ensure that recruitment and selection procedures and practice meet operational needs, legislative and good practice requirements.
- Monitoring, recording and evaluating the impact of recruitment activity. Maximise the use of the HRIS system to support reporting, evaluating and monitoring of all recruitment activity to inform process improvements and cost effective delivering of new hires. Contribute to the wider HR agenda in order to reduce cost of hire where possible.
- General HR activities. Contribute to and assist the wider HR team on key projects and activities, which may include employee relations, learning and development, employee well-being etc.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing recruitment techniques and approaches for all level of roles up to and including senior management, with a proven track record of delivering cost effective activity and delivering a strong pipeline of talent
- Demonstrable experience of providing generalist HR activity at Consultant level across the wider HR agenda with experience in recruitment of roles up to and including senior management
- Able to provide guidance and support to HR and business colleagues to enhance their recruitment skills.
- Driven, brave, and able to get things done independently, making good judgements and decisions.
- Is future-focused, inquisitive and open-minded; seeks out evolving and innovative ways to add value to the organisation.
- Personable with a good sense of humour.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability.
- Knowledge and experience of on line tools, e.g. job boards, social media, selection materials, tools etc.
- Experience of using a self-service HRIS would be an advantage
- Ideally MCIPD or an appropriate HR or Business qualification
- Ideally, BPS level B or equivalent, able to use psychometric tools to support recruitment
Sounds like you?
Only apply if you think you have the talent to add value to our business! Things move pretty quickly around here so don’t delay in making your application.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining why you'd be great at the role via the button below. Please also indicate your current salary and your salary expectations.
Remuneration: c £33,000 pa depending on experience, great holiday allowance. Plus lots of parties, team lunches and other staff benefits!
Apply for Recruitment/HR Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly