Director of People
3 days left
- Full Time
At an exciting stage in this company’s development, we are looking to appoint a new Director of People to provide people leadership and inspiration to enable significant cultural and organisational transformation. This is a business where the art of the possible is embraced and implemented by someone who is innovative, demonstrates high energy and has a great imagination.
The company is changing the business they do and the way they do it: they are in the midst of re-shaping, streamlining operations, developing new propositions and revenue streams, making it easier for customers to deal with them, and changing the way they work with each other. These changes are dependent on effective business and culture shift.
The strategy requires the effective implementation of a new organisational design and a cultural transformation, and the HR function is at the heart of this strategic change. Working collaboratively with the senior management team, this individual will provide expertise, experience and leadership to transform culture, and to shape a high-performing HR team. With a collective purpose and ambition, the Director of People will affect the performance of every individual within the company, impacting upon the customer promise and employee experience across the group.
This role is made for someone who obsesses over culture. The company believes that the only sustainable source of differentiation is their culture. A company is made by its culture, values and beliefs and it is how they bring these to life every day that makes the difference. The ability to transform the culture is crucial to this company’s success and the achievement of their ambitions. They believe value is created, relationships cultivated and success subsequently driven given the right culture.
This role underlines the commitment to achieving these strategic goals. It is a tremendous opportunity for someone who has the drive and experience to add value to an already exciting team and you’ll find it offers the perfect environment to achieve great things. The business believes if they get this right, they will attract and retain amazing people, empowering them to perform exceptionally and achieve their best work. And this is where you come in….
• You will need to demonstrate a track record of successfully leading organisational and culture change as well as understanding how organisational development and employee engagement aligned to strategy can transform business performance.
• Acting as adviser to the Board on people strategy and cultural change, providing leadership to the HR function, and working with the Remuneration Committee on executive reward policy are all key elements of this role.
• You will champion the defined leadership attributes and ensure they become infectious throughout the organisation; and shape a new employee proposition with the backing of the leadership.
• You will be a natural leader, by example and by action, bringing people on the journey with you because they are excited by what you can achieve together, and the part that they can play in delivering the ambition.
• Aiming high and continually striving to ‘raise the bar’;
• Inventive and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving;
• Demonstrable credibility and gravitas to work collaboratively with the CEO and CFO, as well as a wide range of senior stakeholders;
• Inspirational leadership, skilled networker and brand ambassador;
• Manages with humility and without authority creating highly effective teams.
• A recognised HR qualification – being an expert within your field;
• Degree level qualification demonstrating high IQ;
• Coaching qualification or evidence of further CPD;
As Director of People you will put employees at the heart of the agenda and forge the continued success of this purpose-driven business. The structure ensures that everyone is positively encouraged to generate solutions and access the resources they need to turn ideas into reality.
Leadership and authority are determined by merit, need and function – not by an organisational chart. Imagine a company where this happens spontaneously, naturally and without much top-down direction. Now stop imagining….
To apply, please submit your CV outlining your significant change and OD leadership experience and current remuneration package to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Director of People
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly