Assistant HR Business Partner
5 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
Business Unit: Corporate Services & Transformation
Business Unit Team: HR & OD
Accountable to (line Manager): HR Manager (OD)
Responsible For (Direct Reports Post Title): No direct reports
To provide proactive, professional and appropriate business focused HR advice, guidance and support to line managers, working with the HR Business Partners to take a strategically focussed approach to case management.
Support the delivery of a professional and commercial HR service across the Council by:
- Advising, supporting and coaching managers to deal with the full range of employee relations casework including disciplinary and grievance, managing performance and capability issues, absence management, harassment and bullying cases and TUPE transfers. Ensuring that advice given is commercially focused.
- Supporting the HR Manager (OD) to undertake HR policy development to meet business and statutory requirements, including engagement and consultation with appropriate stakeholders and the subsequent launch of new policies and procedures organization wide.
- Providing support to the HR & OD Business Partners on technical issues, e.g. disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, etc.
- Developing effective working relationships within the HR & OD team to facilitate the sharing of learning and best practice and to ensure a cohesive and collaborative service.
- Developing external networks and relationships to maintain and enhance professional knowledge.
- Assisting the HR & OD Business Partners to advise and support managers during change programmes (restructuring and redesign), and any resulting employee issues, including supporting project management of such programmes.
- Providing timely and accurate management information from the ResourceLink HRIS.
- Taking a key role in the job evaluation process and guiding managers on its operation for timely outcomes.
- Work with and support Assistant Directors and line managers, providing clear, consistent and expert HR advice.
- Work with the HR & OD Business Partners to provide a seamless and consistent HR & OD offer to the organisation.
- Liaise with the Council’s Occupational Health provider to obtain and act on appropriate medical advice in relation to employees.
- Adopt a proactive and partnering role with the Council’s recognised Trade Unions.
- Positively participate in the delivery of Future Town Future Council programmes as relevant to your role, in this case the Employer of Choice Programme.
- Ensure compliance with Council processes, policies and procedures including finance, performance, HR, governance, health and safety, information management, data protection and equalities.
- Be prepared to undertake additional duties not included above that are appropriate to the job grade and qualifications, skill and experience as contained within the Person Specification, recognising that this Job Description will be kept under review and may be amended at the Council’s discretion to ensure organisational needs are met.
For more information and to apply click below where you will be redirected.