Learning & OD Manager
5 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
Business Unit: Corporate Services & Transformation
Business Unit Team: HR & OD
Accountable to (line Manager): Senior HR & OD Manager
Responsible For (Direct Reports Post Title):
Learning & Development Officer
Learning & Development Administrator
To support the successful delivery of organisational objectives through the provision of innovative, engaging and cost effective learning and organisational development interventions.
- Use organisational insight and industry best practice to develop a comprehensive Learning & Development Strategy for the Council, explicitly designed to develop the workforce at all levels with the skills and behaviours needed to deliver organisational ambitions.
- Scope, deliver and/or commission development interventions to build strong collaborative leadership at all levels.
- Work with senior managers and HR & OD colleagues to integrate strategic workforce planning into business planning, including skills/capacity gap analysis, talent management, succession planning, etc.
- Undertake a root and branch review of the Council’s performance review arrangements, evaluating, recommending and ultimately delivering solutions that are recognised as value add for individuals and the organisation.
- Building on the Council’s Leadership Competency Framework, take a collaborative and informed approach to the development and launch of a new Competency Framework for all employees.
- Contribute towards the Council’s digital workforce ambitions by maximising all opportunities technology brings to learning and organisational development, exploiting existing systems (eLearning, HRIS) and introducing new digital learning interventions.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement across the Council, ensuring effective performance monitoring and management arrangements are in place and providing timely intervention as necessary to sustain high standards of performance.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial security across the Council, including proactively identifying innovative/commercial opportunities that benefit the organisation, partners and/or customers.
- Provide strong, effective leadership, including championing corporate activities and initiatives that cross service boundaries and implementing effective joined up approaches and solutions to meet the Council’s vision and values.
- Through personal example, provide employees with positive leadership, guidance, direction and motivation that harnesses the strengths and talents of individuals and promotes achievement of our “one team” culture.
- Work collaboratively with Strategic and Assistant Directors and managers across the organisation to support successful achievement of business objectives, coaching and developing them to effectively undertake their people management responsibilities.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with relevant partner organisations and pursue new ways to deliver services in collaboration with others which benefit the Council, partners and customers.
- Represent the Council externally as appropriate, acting as an ambassador and developing relationships to ensure a positive view of the Council and to influence agendas to meet organisational needs. Specifically in this role, represent the Council at professional and sector specific learning and organisational development related events.
- Proactively and positively contribute to the delivery of Future Town Future Council programmes as relevant to your role, in this case the Employer of Choice Programme.
- Lead by example and develop, deliver and promote effective communications internally and externally.
- Ensure compliance with Council processes, policies and procedures including finance, performance, HR, governance, health and safety, information management, data protection and equalities.
- Be prepared to undertake additional duties not included above that are appropriate to the job grade and qualifications, skill and experience as contained within the Person Specification, recognising that this Job Description will be kept under review and may be amended at the Council’s discretion to ensure organisational needs are met.
For more information and to apply click below where you will be redirected.