District Human Resources Officer x2 Thame & Maidenhead
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
As a District HR Officer for St John Ambulance, you will support your district based volunteer managers to do the best possible job of managing volunteers, working as part of a District HR team. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues that arise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist the district manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district.
- Provide a single point of contact for HR-related queries within the district.
- Assist in the effective handling of all volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of area managers and unit managers within your district.
- Train managers in the use of the volunteer development review (VDR) process and ensure that it is applied effectively.
- Support the district manager and area managers in identifying gaps in volunteer numbers and developing recruitment plans.
- Ensure that recruitment and selection are of a high standard and complies with national standards.
- Assist the district manager in measuring and increasing volunteer productivity (including volunteer recognition).
- Proactively engage in improving the volunteers’ experience of SJA.
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
This is a volunteer role and the District HR Officer should be able to commit on average 8 hours per week.
Apply for District Human Resources Officer x2 Thame & Maidenhead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly