Human Resources Adviser - Policy (Part time)
We have an exciting new role in the HR & Organisational Development Unit at the Greater London Authority (GLA). The GLA aspires to lead by example as an employer, and in turn the Mayor wants to call on all other organisations in London to do the same. This means that we need to be at the fore-front of new HR policies.
This will be a pivotal role in the HR business partnering team. It will lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of all HR policies (including Employee Relations, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Wellbeing). The role will work closely with the Mayoral team, Diversity & Inclusion Managers, the Union and Legal, to ensure that HR Policies are effective and best in class.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Conduct research and gathering insight, detailed analysis and interpretation, identifying trends and patterns, developing and evaluating options, and making recommendations for HR policy implementation.
- Work collaboratively and gain input from the HR Advisers, Workforce Equality Diversity & Inclusion Manager and other HR colleagues HR Adviser colleagues will provide insight into ER cases, the potential gaps in current policy and test proposed new policy.
- Work closely with Legal on changes in employment. Proactively keep abreast of external changes and trends in HR policy in both the public and private sector.
- Put in place robust implementation and communication plans for HR Policies to ensure they are delivered on time, ensuring risks to delivery are identified and minimised/resolved. Work collaboratively with the HR Advisers on proactive communication and upskilling on new polices; this may involve delivering workshops and training.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- We are looking for an experienced HR professional, who has a track record of HR policy development and implementation. Experience of operating in the public sector, would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Specialist knowledge of employment legislation and case law and experience developing, implementing and monitoring HR policies and procedures.
- Experience of providing a human resources business partner service and undertaking the full remit of HR duties commensurate with the role (e.g. employee relations, change management, training, performance management, management of attendance, policy formulation and implementation etc.)
- If you have experience leading the development, implementation and monitoring of HR policies and are looking to make a tangible impact in a diverse organisation, please apply.
This is role is part time 3 days a week (22.2 hours, 0.6FTE) and will be part of job share arrangement (Fixed term contract or secondment for 18 months).
Please read the job description and person specification
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process then please contact a member of the recruitment team via email on email@example.com quoting reference HRP019.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Application closing date: Monday 18 February 2019 at 23:59 GMT
We are committed to being an inclusive employer. London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.