Head of People & Team Building (Permanent)
4 days left
- CIPD Membership
- CIPD Member
The Head of People & Team Building is responsible for ensuring that Coin Street Community Builders has the people resources that are necessary for its success. This involves the development and delivery of a talent recruitment, management and retention strategy, and promotion of team culture in which people feel listened to, inspired and empowered to bring their best to work every day.
This is a truly hands on position, so we are looking for someone who is highly motivated, CIPD qualified, and possesses a strong awareness of strategic and operational employee issues. The successful candidate will be passionate about releasing value in people through engaging and nurturing talent. You will already be experienced in recruitment strategies, employee relations, learning and development, and people management processes. You will possess strong influencing skills and be confident in the calibre of the advice you give to both employees and senior managers. You will be a proactive, creative individual who is results driven and confident in your ability to build trust and respect with colleagues.
About the successful person
- CIPD qualified
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to work effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Experience with people management policies and processes
- Experience with implementing proactive recruitment, employee engagement and retention strategies
In return we can offer you
- a non-contributory pension scheme with an employer contribution of 9% from the first day of employment. Based on a salary of £55,000, the employer contribution on an annual basis would be £4950 with no need to make an employee pension contribution unless you wish to have a larger pension pot
- 27 days’ annual leave (pro rata for part-time)
- Childcare vouchers and season ticket loan (subject to probation period)
- Regular social activities including team lunches and a summer BBQ
- Discounts at local restaurants
- Health and well-being package including trial free gym membership at Colombo Centre, yearly flu jabs, fresh fruit delivered twice a week and a confidential employee assistance programme
- New starters trip on the London Eye
- Support for professional development and training
- An open plan and unique environment in the heart of London’s South Bank with excellent transport links
- Being part of a diverse organisation with strong links to the local community.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who can combine strong business and organisational skills with a passion for people and community.
Closing date is 9am on Monday 25 February 2019. Interviews to take place on Thursday 07 March 2019.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process