Executive Director of People & Talent
Astrea Academy Trust is in an exciting period of growth and development. To support our ambitions, we are creating a significant new Executive Board-level position – our first Executive Director of People and Talent. This role is crucial to the achievement of our educational and charitable aims.
The successful candidate will take full ownership of design and delivery of Astrea’s People Strategy. In doing so they will provide strategic HR leadership and direction to enable the Trust to achieve its performance and outcome goals, whilst continuing to reinforce our positive and collaborative culture.
Reporting directly into the Chief Executive, but working collaboratively across all Astrea functions centrally and in our academies, the successful candidate’s role will primarily include:
- Creating, implementing and managing a talent management strategy across the Trust
- Taking a lead in embedding our organisational culture – innovative approaches to reward and recognition, health and wellbeing, and working with Education colleagues to address key issues such as teacher workload
- Ownership of our aspiration to make Astrea an employer of choice by developing our recruitment brand and rolling out initiatives across the Trust that reflect modern career choices
- Delivering on the Trust’s aspiration to ‘grow its own’, in particular through internal training and allocation of a pool of internal expert provision’
- Facilitating Astrea’s evolution into a ‘learning organisation’ by leading on the Trust’s CPD, Learning & Development and Leadership Development programmes
- Strategic oversight of all elements of HR support – case management, payroll, recruitment, supply deployment, clear policies - supported by a dedicated and experienced team of HR professionals
With demonstrable experience of innovation across all aspects of the employee lifecycle, particularly in an educational context, you will be able to manage multiple projects at pace and prioritise your workload to deliver both strategic and operational objectives. The ideal candidate will be flexible, have experience of developing positive relationships with key stakeholders and will have knowledge of professional development, and career pathways and progression in Education.
With 27 primary and secondary academies within the group across South Yorkshire and Cambridgeshire, responsible for around 14,000 pupils and 1800 dedicated colleagues, Astrea continues to grow and inspire beyond measure.
The Trust is committed to high quality professional development and career opportunities for all staff as we are passionate about cultivating our own talented workforce. At Astrea we believe that we can provide these unique roles by providing a huge opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding team.
We welcome applications from candidates who meet the criteria in the accompanying recruitment pack. To apply for this key role, please complete an Astrea application form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date below.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team. Join us and together we can inspire beyond measure.
Closing date: Friday 1st March 2019 at 12 noon
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Apply for Executive Director of People & Talent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly