TLG (Transforming Lives for Good)
Contact: Mrs Lindsey Jacques
Hope Park Business Centre
- None -
About TLG (Transforming Lives for Good)
Transforming Lives for Good (TLG) is a national charity that helps churches to bring hope and a future for struggling children. That means getting alongside struggling children, providing practical support in and out of school and connecting with home to bring hope and a future.
All over the UK, children are struggling in school for all kinds of reasons and many families are suffering without hope. Nationally, the latest statistics show that:
- Children living in poverty are 4 times more likely to get a permanent exclusion from school
- More than two thirds of the current prison population were excluded from school
- One in six 16-24-year-old ’NEETs’ (those not in Education, Employment or Training) die within ten years of falling out of the system
- 1.5 million children are entitled to free school meals in the UK
But there is hope.
It comes through the local church making a real difference in their community. TLG is passionate about bringing a practical approach that goes way beyond education and works to build strong connections between local churches, families and schools. At TLG, we have a big vision to make the difference in as many children and families lives as possible. We are transforming lives for good!
An award-winning culture!
By working at TLG, you’ll be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an exceptional place to work. In 2019, we were named the best charity to work for in the UK by the prestigious Sunday Times Best Not-for Profit Organisations to Work For!
This special award highlights all the positives about working at TLG! We love to look after our team and here are some of the great benefits we offer:
- Fun team times away
- Retreat days for all staff
- Generous holidays & flexible working arrangements
- Access to 'The Leadership Track', our 11 month leadership programme led by TLG's core team
- Special recognition & benefits for staff to mark every 5 years at TLG
- Above & Beyond recognition scheme for high-performing staff
- Support for staff: counselling & coaching
- Contributions towards training & professional qualifications
And of course you have the reward of seeing lives changed along the way!