Learning and Development Business Partner
Closing date: Tuesday 21st February 2017 at 11.30pm
We’re looking for an accomplished L&D professional with proven experience at a business partner/consultant level, to join us as a Learning and Development Business Partner and play a vital role in helping the business to deliver its objectives.
Shelter’s HR team provides a comprehensive HR service to over 1,250 employees across England and Scotland. As well as providing the strategic lead on people management and organisational development, we offer support and advice to staff on issues that include Employee Relations, Learning and Development needs and Recruitment. We make sure that effective HR policies and procedures are developed and evaluated, as well as L&D expertise to support and develop our staff. That’s where you come in.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Working as a business partner and subject matter expert, quickly gaining a high level of understanding and building strong, influential relationships with various parts of the organisation
- Helping us better understand our business needs and advising on the key Learning and Organisational Development initiatives that can support the delivery of Shelter’s business objectives
- Designing and delivering, or commissioning, key L&OD solutions using a range of delivery methods, each tailored for the needs of the business, and managing the return of investment evaluations on all activities
- Supporting the Head of L&OD in the continual development and delivery of a wider HR strategy, including Performance Management, Continuous Learning, Staff Engagement and Talent Management initiatives.
And what you’ll need:
- Experience of developing and delivering innovative L&D solutions, both online and face-to-face
- A track record of implementing broader L&OD interventions, including how they fit into wider organisational requirements, with particular emphasis on strategically aligned training needs analysis
- Proficiency using online authoring/design/learning tools such as Articulate, Adobe, Adapt and Moodle (or a similar LMS)
- A proactive, creative and customer-focused approach, a flair for building business partnerships, leading change and improving performance with the confidence to challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas.
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.