Building a confidence in the HR function by offering high quality HR advice and assistance to the Directors, Head Office and operational management teams. Ensuring the Company keeps fully up to date with its legal obligations relating to the employment of staff. Creating the annual training plan, overseeing the Company succession planning and resourcing the required calibrate of new employees. Nurturing a culture of performance and reward management through targeted and relevant system incentive schemes. Embracing the COMPANY values through maintaining a HR team focus on best practice and constant innovation, equality and improvement.
- Demonstrate the COMPANY values, inspire and require the whole group to live them so as to continuously raise performance expectations
- Establish, maintain and develop a motivated team of company personnel who are committed to achieving targets relevant to their role and which form part of the group strategy and business plan. Create a culture of performance improvement where each team member gives and receives feedback, applying reward and recognition, corrective coaching and discipline fairly, effectively and immediately. Ensuring best practice in recruitment, training and development to meet our current and future HR needs
- Create, maintain and update a standard HR Guidance Manual/Staff Handbook to cover all aspects of personnel within COSMO to include Salary and benefits, career progression, reward, discretionary bonus and incentive schemes (incl. TIPS and Service Charge policies), company policies and governance, procedures for dismissal, employment contracts, job descriptions and expense procedures etc.
- Implement practical and useful training programmes to ensure best practices in COSMO.
- Working closely with all Heads of Departments to ensure best practices and all training/audits/appraisals are carried out in line with COSMO policies and procedures.
- Work alongside with the Payroll & Finance department to ensure accurate recording of pay, benefits and staff HR details.
- Assist in creating awareness of group policies and procedures, new employment legislation and other governmental and statutory regulations.
- Ensure group wide awareness of group policies and procedures, new employment legislation and other governmental and statutory regulations, recommend required changes via the Chief Executive, then implement in a timely manner.
- Participate in the creating of the group HR strategy. Contribute day to day HR specific information and research findings to aid accuracy and objectivity. Support the communication of the plan and dissemination of targets to HR and operational management teams
Reporting to: Chairman/Chief Executive Officer and Executive Board
Key criteria for success:
- Ensuring recruitment targets are met and resourcing of candidates is within budget.
- Establishing a coherent brand image and message in all job related advertising and relevant documentation.
- Ensuring the success of group succession planning.
- Offer full assistance and flexibility in new unit openings.
- Monitor, review, evaluate and make recommendation on all HR functions to continually improve the effectiveness of the department.
- Facilitate the Company HR training function.
- Keep up to date on new innovations, ideas and developments in HR and the catering industry; and current HR legislation.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of enthusiasm, commitment, diligence, and belief in the Company.