Professional Training Manager, WINS Academy
The World Institute for Nuclear Security (WINS) has a vacancy for a Professional Training Manager to work in our offices in Vienna, Austria, to lead the WINS Academy. The permanent position is available from June 2017. High-level fluency in English (spoken and written) is required for the position and professional certification in training and education is highly desirable.
Summary of position:
Launched in April 2014, the WINS Academy is the first professional certification programme in the world for nuclear security management. The Academy offers online courses focused on the needs of specific audiences, such as Board Members, Executive Managers, Security Directors, Scientists/Technicians/Engineers, Incident Managers, Regulators, and others who have responsibility and accountability for the security of nuclear materials or for radioactive materials used in non-nuclear sectors such as medicine and industry. Participants who complete the courses sit for a final exam; those who pass are certified as a nuclear security professional by WINS and join an elite, and growing, professional network. The programme already has 800 participants from 80+ countries. Further details are available at www.wins.org
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the successful applicant will build on the WINS Academy’s strategy and support all learning activities, ensuring consistency with the organisations’ strategy and objectives. This will include working with the WINS Academy team and subject-matter experts on developing blended online and in-person learning materials and activities, supporting learning in partnership with international nuclear security training centres, and supporting the strategic development of the WINS Academy programme.
The successful applicant will:
- Contribute to the development of the WINS Academy Strategy through the identification of needs and opportunities for improvement of the certification programme.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the materials and courses, bearing in mind both technical and educational aspects.
- Provide strategic and operational support with the development of online and in-person learning for the WINS Academy.
- Be responsible for designing, developing and implementing interactive in-person learning materials and in-person simulations.
The role will require the applicant to have:
- Graduate level education in a relevant discipline.
- Ideally, experience leading nuclear industry training courses and/or working in the nuclear/critical national infrastructure sector in a safety/security, or related role.
- Experience in course design and delivery.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgment.
- Certifications in Project Management, such as PMP or Prince2 (preferable)
- Good commercial judgement
- Excellent writing skills.
- An ability to compile data, analyse diverse sources of information, review and synthesise research.
- A demonstrable ability to keep abreast of new and emerging technologies to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- An ability to relate traditional teaching practices to the on-line environment.
- Professional, clear and varied communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives as well as working as part of a team, providing help and assistance when required.
- Adaptable, flexible and innovative, and receptiveness to new ideas and approaches.
- Effective analytical and problem solving capability.
- Proven organisational skills and ability to plan ahead, set priorities, work effectively under pressure and complete tasks to agreed time and quality standards.
Salary and Benefits
A net starting salary (after taxation and other deductions) in the range 60-75k Euros is available for the right candidate, subject to their experience. WINS offices are centrally located in Vienna and we offer flexible-working arrangements based on an average 42-hour working week. Reasonable relocation expenses will be met. WINS offers a progressive policy for professional development and becoming professionally certified is encouraged as part of our commitment to quality standards. WINS is ISO 9001:2015 and 29990:2010 certified.
Please forward a brief cover letter and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading - Professional Training Manager, WINS Academy.
The closing date for applications is 8th April 2017.