Training and Development Manager
As part of the Johnson Service Group, Johnsons Apparelmaster is one of the UK's market leading Workwear Rental businesses, providing a comprehensive clothing portfolio to the workplace, supported by sourcing and aftercare solutions. With over two thousand employees we count ourselves as a people business and are committed to an open and positive culture that puts people first.
We are looking to recruit a Training and Development Manager. This is a nationwide role based at the Head Office in Preston. Managing a team of five you will be responsible for the strategic and practical aspects of implementing the company's development needs. This includes a wide range of learning topics from customer service, sales, managerial, IT systems, operations and health and safety. This is delivered through a variety of means including formal training, on line modules, the Johnsons Academy and external providers. This is a varied and demanding role requiring the ability to manage multiple projects.
Candidates should have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and engage at all levels
- The ability to build effective working relationships and drive solutions across a multi site UK wide business
- Detailed knowledge and experience in learning and development
- Proven ability to manage a team in a training environment
- The ability to identify business needs and develop appropriate solutions utilising both internal and external resources
- Knowledge of government training initiatives and legislative requirements including the Apprenticeship Levy and Health and Safety
- Ideally CIPD qualified
Reporting to the Managing Director you will receive a competitive salary, a company car and a range of benefits associated with an organisation of this size.
Regular travel across the UK will be a requirement.
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing your experience and explaining how you would meet this challenge to:
Sonia Formby, HR Manager, Johnsons Apparelmaster Ltd, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9ZD or by click Apply now