Head of HR Business Partnering
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Head of HR Business Partnering
£57,885 - £66,533
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Driver Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), which is an Executive Agency of the Department of Transport (DfT) that helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads by ensuring drivers, vehicle operators and MOT garages follow road worthiness standards, and provides a range of licensing, testing, education and enforcement services.
For this role, we are looking for a HR leader to influence Directors and Corporate Senior Leaders to ensure directorate teams understand, buy into and ultimately own their people management practices. The Head of HR Business Partnering will manage key stakeholder relationships within the Agency, the Department and wider Civil Service and advise the Director appropriately.
Using your strong leadership skills, you will lead and carry out a range of functions, including:
• Leading the delivery of a professional HR function to the highest standards in support of achieving business goals. Deliver a modern, professional and value adding HR partnering service through a culture of continuous improvement
• Reporting to the Director of People, Communications & Engagement you will be accountable for the delivery of HR Partnering services, Health and Safety (H&S), Training and Development (T&D) and HR Operations (HR Ops) services. Leading a team of five G7s consisting of HR Senior Business Partners, Head of H&S, Head of Training and Development and also the Head of HR Operations
• Provide professional advice, guidance and subject matter expertise to Directors and Corporate Senior Leaders to enable them to make informed people management decisions for the Agency
• Provide assurance that Health and Safety management systems and safe working practices are in place and are fulfilling both regulatory and Agency requirements within DVSA
• Role model business partnering within the business. Lead and direct the HR Business Partnering team to ensure from inception to delivery, that internal HR requirements are understood, effectively communicated and are expressed, not just in terms of demand, but in success measures and outcomes
• Oversee the delivery of an effective HR service operation. Ensure the timely and efficient processing, maintenance and reporting of HR data and people management information.
• Ensure the Training and Development model is aligned to meet all operational requirements and reflects the changing demands from the business
From the very first day you’ll be supported by your manager and colleagues to understand your role and how it impacts the agency and what we do. Throughout your time here, you will be encouraged to develop your existing abilities and learn new skills, and we will be committed to investing in your continued professional development.
You will be joining a supportive and dynamic team within the People, Communications and Engagement directorate, which always looks to consider new ways of improving current practices and actively embraces positive innovation. Your creative approach to problem solving and personal drive to facilitate progress will be highly regarded in the role.
To discover more and apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th May 2017