HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
DPD is a leading time-critical carrier providing both national and international delivery services. As the Nation’s favourite parcel delivery company, we combine fantastic people, amazing service, innovative products and state of the art technology to deliver an incredible customer experience.
As the HR Business Partner for the Central Operations department - that includes sites in the West Midlands and Hinckley area - you’ll enjoy widespread and increasing involvement across the complete mix of HR activities.
Reporting to the HR Manager and working closely in partnership with several of the Heads of Department, as part and parcel of the Business Unit team, your role will focus on the delivery of a high quality consultancy based HR service, which will involve:
- Implementing a clear HR strategy for the department, ensuring it’s aligned to, supports and adds real value to our business objectives and overall performance
- Providing expert guidance and advice to Line Managers on all aspects relating to HR, including any grievance/disciplinary issues and tribunal claims
- Building constructive relationships across the business and providing regular feedback to management teams, helping create a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Identifying and facilitating any specific training needs , along with the provision of appropriate coaching and training to Line Managers on HR related operational matters
- Monitoring and analysing key targets and returns in prime areas of activity, including turnover and absence, as well as recruitment and succession planning
Acting as a central point of contact and expertise for the region, you’re likely to be an experienced and qualified HR professional, with a strong commercial outlook, who can demonstrate:
- A solid and significant generalist HR background, evidenced by a proven track record in a similar role, preferably gained in a multi-site, unionised environment
- Good all-round knowledge of ‘best practice’ HR principles and procedures, particularly in respect of employee relations, performance management and engagement
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, plus the ability to provide a quality service, whilst actively promoting and driving positive cultural change across the business
This role involves some travel and the ability to be flexible with working hours on occasion, as some of the teams within the department operate in the evenings. Whilst not a night role, the successful candidate will need to be able to manage their hours accordingly with some later meetings. In return, you can look forward to a first class package and future in a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.
Simply click Apply to send us your CV.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE