HR & OD Business Partner
Business Unit: Corporate Services & Transformation
Business Unit Team: HR & OD
Accountable to (line Manager): HR Manager (OD)
Responsible For (Direct Reports Post Title): No direct reports but day to day oversight of the work of Assistant HR Business Partners
To work across the HR & OD spectrum to support the successful delivery of organisational objectives, ensuring all people management activity is aligned to the strategic direction of the Council and promotes a high performing organisational culture.
- Work with managers across the organisation to ensure the successful delivery of organisational change and improvement programmes to realise identified benefits and desired cultural change.
- Identify and deploy recruitment, reward, employee engagement and talent management strategies to attract, develop and retain a customer-focussed, “can do” workforce.
- Identify and implement interventions to increase the capacity and capability of managers at all levels to effectively carry out their people management responsibilities.
- Keep abreast of best practice in HR & OD, development in employment legislation and in Local Government/related sectors and plan and deliver appropriate responses to these.
- Lead on the ongoing review/development of all employment policies, processes and procedures to meet legislative requirements and organisational objectives.
- Provide proactive professional advice and guidance on the full range of employment matters to arrive at solutions that are right for the organisation.
- Work collaboratively with Strategic and Assistant Directors and managers across the organisation to support successful achievement of business objectives, coaching and developing them to effectively undertake their people management responsibilities.
- Work with the recognised Trade Unions to build and maintain excellent industrial and employee relations to foster a culture of trust and strong employee engagement.
- Represent the Council externally as appropriate, developing relationships to ensure a positive view of the Council and to influence agendas to meet organisational needs. Specifically in this role, represent the Council at professional and sector specific employment related events.
- Proactively and positively contribute to the delivery of Future Town Future Council programmes as relevant to your role, in this case the Employer of Choice Programme.
- Lead by example and develop, deliver and promote effective communications internally and externally.
- Ensure compliance with Council processes, policies and procedures including finance, performance, HR, governance, health and safety, information management, data protection and equalities.
- Be prepared to undertake additional duties not included above that are appropriate to the job grade and qualifications, skill and experience as contained within the Person Specification, recognising that this Job Description will be kept under review and may be amended at the Council’s discretion to ensure organisational needs are met.
For more information and to apply click below where you will be redirected.