HR Business Partner - Integration
Are you interested in a 6 month role setting up a new HR Structure, with the input and support of a larger company, in a fast-paced fast-growing Retail organisation? If so, then then this could be the perfect role for you.
We are currently looking for an experienced HR Business Partner - Integration, to be based from our London Bridge Office but with regular travel to our Head Office in Willenhall, West Midlands, paying up to £50,000.
The Pepkor Europe corporate office has been set up to provide the European group with support across a wide range of activities. Based in London Bridge, with a headcount of 15, this is therefore a brand new role with a fast-growth start-up.
The unique and exciting difference with this role, is the support that comes with being part of a wider group of companies. Poundland is the UK HR support center for a number of Pepkor businesses, and there is a desire to align Poundland HR policies, procedures, processes and systems to the wider group, including Pepkor and PEP&CO.
Stakeholder management is therefore essential in this role; having a dotted line into the HR Director for Poundland, and reporting into the Head of HR for PEP&CO, whilst engaging with the Pepkor Senior team at London Bridge and the HR leadership team in Poundland.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with solid generalist operational skills and strategic capability to shape their own HR function, aligned to the Poundland business, and really influence the Pepkor leadership team to show what a good HR function can really do. The initial focus, however, will be on getting the basics in place, being 80% operational/process focused at least to start with.
Location wise, there will be a dual base (Poundland, Willenhall & Pepkor, London Bridge), and the candidate will need to be mobile/able to travel to both locations on a weekly basis.
- Review and update, where necessary, all Poundland HR policies and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose for the wider group
- Partner with Poundland leadership team to align the following areas of the colleague lifecycle:
- Employee relations
- Performance measurement/KPI’s
- Remuneration and Reward, including the pay review cycle
- Learning & Development
- Resourcing, talent management and succession planning
- Integrate Poundland Policy into Pepkor/PEP&CO
- Scope and design the longer term HR structure/roles required to support the Pepkor team at London Bridge
- Set up the Administration processes at London Bridge
- Review all current HR IT systems within Poundland and how these can be aligned (i.e. Payroll system, ATS etc.)
- Defining and aligning the key HR people metrics
- Coaching and advising line managers
- Be the conduit between the businesses to ensure HR best practice in all areas
- Preferably CIPD qualified, or equivalent level Commercial experience
- Excellent administration and operational HR skills
- Strong hands-on Generalist and Advisory skills
- Previous background in ER/Specialist HR roles would be beneficial
- Previous experience in a standalone role ideal
- Has managed multiple projects / workstreams
- Experience of HR IT systems, performance management, coaching, recruitment and reward is desirable
- Fully mobile and able to travel – comfortable with operating from a dual base
Apply for HR Business Partner - Integration
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly