Senior HR Manager
It's feeling inspired to deliver to the very highest standards. And it's joining the professional business behind the monarchy. This is what makes a career with the Royal Household so special.
As you would expect from an accredited Investor in People, our HR team provide professional, best-in-class and forward thinking support to this unique and diverse organisation.
You'll act as senior business partner to our largest client group, which includes visitor services, retail, marketing, digital media and learning.
Managing talented HR Advisors, you'll partner with senior managers to develop and drive forward the people strategy, as well as overseeing the delivery of HR services, and ensuring that the specialist advice provided by you and your team is exceptional. You'll also lead the campaign to recruit and onboard c.400 people to work during the annual summer opening of Buckingham Palace.
In addition to this generalist remit, you'll also make a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the overall HR function.
Digitally enabled HR services are at the very forefront of our approach. And by leading the HR Systems and Data team, you'll be at the heart of our ambitions. You'll encourage the HR team to continually refine processes, will lead digital projects and ensure our decision making and planning is informed by data insights.
Bringing compensation and benefits expertise, you'll also help to shape our reward and recognition strategies, as well as having oversight of our benefits provision and managing the outsourced pension scheme contracts.
No two days will be the same and this will be a big challenge. Although many of our systems, processes and strategies are well-established, there's always room for improvement.
And as you support others, you'll have exceptional opportunities to grow your own career. We don't stand still here; and your ideas will make an impact at the heart of this world-famous institution.
- Degree educated with a CIPD qualification and sound generalist HR experience, ideally gained in a commercial or professional services environment; you're the professional we need.
- As a true generalist having led end-to-end recruitment campaigns, complex employee relations cases and large-scale consultation exercises, you'll have the skills to apply employment law and HR best practice in a sensitive and pragmatic way.
- Digitally fluent and with outstanding analytical skills, you'll have a real interest in systems and data, and will understand the benefits both provide within an HR context. Project and supplier account management experience would also be helpful.
- With some previous compensation and benefits experience, you'll be comfortable formulating strategy as well as pragmatic and employee-focussed approaches. Experience of having worked in a unionised environment would also be an advantage.
- A natural communicator and collaborator used to partnering senior managers, you'll be able to hit the ground running, building credibility at all levels.
- A capable people manager and coach, you're able to lead, develop and inspire an ambitious team.
- Organised and pro-active, with lots of initiative and an ability to work at pace, you'll juggle a varied workload, effectively balancing strategic and operational priorities.
- And as internal customer champion, with agility and resourcefulness, you'll look to continually review and improve the delivery of our HR services.
In return you will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including 33 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), a 15% employer contribution pension scheme (with the option for flexibility - to increase contributions or draw down as salary), lunch provided, opportunities for professional development, as well as a range of recreational facilities.