Organisation Design Consultant
Openreach is Britain’s digital network business.
We’re the people who enable homes, businesses and devices to connect to the internet. Our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more than 26 million premises and it’s the platform for Britain’s thriving digital economy – which is the largest in the G20.
We’re working hard to give people the speeds they need to run and enjoy their daily lives. Over the last decade, we’ve invested more than £11 billion into our network and we now manage more than 158 million kilometres of cable stretching from Scotland to Cornwall, from Wales to the east coast. And we’re continuing to take that network further - making superfast broadband speeds available to thousands more homes and businesses every week.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected.
This role will be accountable for working with the HR Directors & Organisation Design Leads to develop the Openreach’s Organisation Design priorities and plan. The role holder is an integral part of the Organisation Design team and is responsible for using BT and Openreach methodology to influence senior leaders when designing and executing organisation design interventions which enable delivery of strategic, operational and cultural priorities.
- To translate and apply strategic and business targets to develop and implement Organisation Design solutions either as part of a team on larger, strategic or high impact organisation design projects or as a lead on specific functional organisation improvement projects
- To proactively partner with senior management, HR business partners and other colleagues within the business to achieve Openreach’s targets.
- To be a lead contributor to the definition of Organisation Design actions and company policy.
- To monitor and proactively highlight the effectiveness of people practices/processes for the business to initiate, plan and manage change from a Openreach wide perspective.
- May manage people, projects, process or content area.
- The role will drive the full E2E Organisation Design process - designing, implementing and embedding change - ensuring business units organisation design and processes are efficient and effective.
- Impact is primarily short to medium-term and typically functional expertise applied to pan company, unit or single geographies.
- Develops plans for project over the medium and longer term.
- Assesses operating models, customer relationships and service level.
- Medium-term business strategy and objectives typically guide this role, although there will be involvement in the formulation and development of future policy.
- Effective management of resources and development/implementation of plans and processes.
- Interprets HR and business strategies to establish methods and interventions.
- Develops plans, measures effectiveness.
- Decision making is in the context of a “thinking” (innovation and change) role with practical applications.
- Understands the market place to recommend solutions to the business and is able to choose the correct solution.
- Works with a high level of autonomy, seeking appropriate assistance where necessary.
- Typically graduate level or corresponding experience, MCIPD or relevant business/professional qualification.
- A number of years relevant knowledge and experience in OD issues, covering a breadth of activities with a specific experience of Organisation Design
- Expert in more than one area, a broad perspective (internal and external).
- Experience in consulting and coaching senior management level.
- Experience of working at a strategic level in a multifunctional environment.
- Experience and credibility to work, advise and coach at senior management and executive level.