A unionised business based in Gateshead.
* Working with the senior management team to produce an effective annual plan ensuring communication and delivery of the business plan
* Ensuring an effective and consistent approach to people management in relation to disciplinary, grievance and employee consultation
* Own HR policies, update key policies in line with new legislation and communicate this with the business
* Driving the development of managers, supervisors and supervisors of the future as well as new starters ensuring effective training programmes are implemented
* Providing professional expertise and ensuring the effective communication and implementation of the policies and procedures across the site
* Ensuring the effective management of occupational health and all employee absence and wellbeing
* Managing annual wage negotiations with trade unions for both hourly paid and salaried employees
* Undertaking cost saving initiatives to ensure the HR department worked under budget such as reviewing all suppliers and re-negotiating terms
* Implemented employee engagement activities such as salary sacrifice benefits, feedback sessions and charity days
* Managing all recruitment and selection for all levels and succession planning activities to meet future needs are met
* Building and maintaining a strong working relationship with all employees in a heavily unionised environment.
* Manage all administrative duties for HR department including managing sick pay and leave of absence
The successful candidate will be available to commence the contract in Sept 2017, running through to the end of 2018. You will have:
* Chartered member of CIPD
* Experience of working within an Manufacturing/Engineering environment
* Trade Union experience would be an advantage
Strong leadership skills
* Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
* Proven experience as an HR generalise at manager or senior adviser level
* Demonstrable knowledge of best practices in all areas of human resource management
* Knowledge of current UK employment law.
* Strong communication skills
* Proficiency in IT systems
* Self motivated
£competitive and an opportunity to work in a commercial business.