Training & Competence Manager
Our client is a well-known FTSE listed services organisation. A highly customer focused business with a strong, well-known brand. We’re currently seeking an experienced Training & Competence Manager to own and drive the Training & Competence scheme across three large operational centres of excellence. Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience, this role will be pivotal in ensuring all leaders and people are competent to deliver brilliant customer experiences. The role will involve working with senior leaders to shape the career paths of customer facing employees and helping to positively drive capability and a high performance culture.
- Collaborating with the central Learning & Development team and senior leaders to create a clear leadership development strategy that will shape and drive leadership excellence in customer experience.
- Working with senior stakeholders to implement, embed and continuously improve the Training and Competence scheme across all sites and field populations, ensuring this fits business needs. Scope out and lead the design, delivery and embedding of subsequent delivery phases.
- Anticipating, making recommendations on and challenging operational change programmes, ensuring the outcomes of such initiatives are effectively planned and implemented into the scheme.
- Monitoring and reporting on the operational effectiveness of the scheme, identifying and mitigating business risks through the analysis of data.
- Collaborating with wider Quality monitoring and assurance teams as well as Learning and Development team to ensure all training programmes align with the scheme accordingly.
- Being the key expert and point of advice with regards the Training & Competence Scheme promoting a culture of business ownership and development of people capability.
- Conducting regular assessments of competency and identifying recommendations that will provide ongoing improvement and implementing the relevant changes required.
- Partnering with operational key stakeholders including Group Compliance to ensure that any changes are effectively communicated and are in line with regulatory requirements.
Required Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Appropriate industry qualifications (e.g.CeSRE, J07, Certificate in Insurance)
- Experience of working within an FCA regulated organisation with broad and deep understanding of the FCA Framework including ICOB/COB/PERG/SYSC/T&C rules.
- In-depth experience of successfully designing and delivery effective leadership development solutions in service led, customer centric environments.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing the end-to-end learning process from identifying the learning gap through to measuring the successful impact of a solution, including quantifying the benefits of solutions for an organisation.
- Proven experience of designing, implementing and managing Training and Competence schemes.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence and challenge key stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to deliver accurate reports and MI for senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently, under tight deadlines and make effective decisions.
For more information about the role please send your CV with a covering letter quoting reference TPLRTC717