Are you someone who thrives in a fast paced environment? Can you maintain poise under pressure? Do people come to you because you are always organized and one step ahead? Are you naturally curious and eager to learn and grow professionally?
The Agora Companies - London, has an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their career in HR. We are looking for an HR Manager who will report to the Managing Director and General Counsel. They’ll be solely responsible for all aspects of HR across four start-up businesses (a total of 65+ employees). We are seeking a self-starting, driven, and motivated individual who can thrive in this standalone role.
If you have a natural tendency to always be one step ahead of managers and anticipate their needs, and someone who’s keen to bring innovation to the business, you will fit right in. The successful candidate will be customer focused, polished, and eager to contribute. You must be comfortable independently managing the entire employee lifecycle including employment law-related cases.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Employee relations;
- Recruiting and staffing;
- Organizational departmental planning;
- Performance management and coaching;
- Organization development;
- Maintaining up to date policies and practices in line with UK employment regulations;
- Employee on-boarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Compensation and benefits; and
- Employee health and safety.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Multi-tasker who maintains poise under pressure.
- Curious, eager to learn and grow.
- Self-motivated and able to perform in a work environment that encourages independence.
- A true team player. Truly determined to contribute. Believes there is no job too big or too small that they can’t handle. Gets fulfilment and satisfaction by making other people’s jobs/ lives easier and improving the environment they work in.
- Relevant Degree/CIPD preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant HR experience in a progressive human resources department
- Successful track record of leading HR processes, supporting growing business performance, and delivering results
- Proven track record of attracting, assessing and developing talent at all levels of the organization
- Experience implementing organizational development, team effectiveness and/or engagement programs
- Thorough knowledge of UK employment law, practices and their application
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Experience in the publishing sector a plus
Please submit your CV and covering letter. Those who apply without submitting both items will not be considered for the role. (Note- you will need to upload your CV and covering letter as one document.)
Unfortunately this role does not offer visa sponsorship. Eligibility to work in the UK is a must.