We are a case management company based in Brighton, supporting clients with complex disabilities across London and the south-east. We assist clients with managing many different aspects of their lives, from sourcing specialist equipment and accommodation, to assisting with the setup of care teams. You can find out more about case management here: https://www.cmsuk.org/case-management and http://www.babicm.org
To support the growth of our business we are now looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, and experienced HR Manager to lead the development of our HR services. Reporting to the Managing Director and the senior team, you will be responsible for the continuous review and development of our internal HR provision whilst also assisting with broader aspects of business development. The role is essential in helping the business maintain high quality case management services to our clients, supporting them in the recruitment and management of their own employed care teams.
Your initial challenges will include:
- Developing the people-related strategy for our business,
- Establish the role of HR within the organisation, and
- Providing an excellent HR-service to our clients involving close liaison with the case manager and also direct contact with the client and their family.
We are looking for you to:
- Be an experienced generalist HR professional and have been working at manager-level for over five years, and ideally CIPD qualified
- Be able to deal with the hands-on element of the role while also helping to shape the strategic direction of the HR aspects of our business
- Have the ability to prioritise your client workload, while overseeing the work of others in the team
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with excellent attention to detail and used to working with remote workers as well as able to deal with a wide range of contacts in a considerate and engaging way
- Demonstrate an understanding of being commercially and financially literate, to be able to monitor and control costs
- Be able to work autonomously, taking responsibility for key decisions made in respect of client casework
- Have excellent computer skills, with a good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, file management, and use of emails, being able to be self-sufficient
- Be able to work under pressure, supporting others who are working in difficult situations
- Have a good understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Able to champion equality and valuing diversity principles across our business
This will be a challenging, interesting, and rewarding role, and one which requires great co-ordination, collaboration, and communication skills.
If you think you are able to help us build on what is already in place, we can offer a flexible role with opportunity to develop your skills and really contribute to the business as it continues to develop.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com in the first instance. Interviews will be held on 15th September 2017.