Salary: FTE £30,450- £35,525 (for a 35 hour week - pro-rata)
Main Workbase: Mastmaker Court, London, E14 9UB
Hours of work: 14 hours a week
Line Manager: Director of Finance & Resources / Deputy Chief Executive
Line Management Responsibility: HR Officer
- 5% Pension Contribution after 3 months
- Childcare Vouchers
- 25 days annual leave (increasing one day per year) + bank holidays
- Additional 10 days pro-rata bonus leave (after three months)
You will be responsible for all HR activity for the organisation, specifically for leading on the people development strategy and managing the HR team, policies and procedures. You will lead and advise managers on people development, employee relations, performance management and training. Additionally you will lead recruitment and ensure compliance procedures are adhered to. You will also work with the Leadership Team on culture, training and development, policy development, implementing change programmes and managing projects. You will also ensure the effective administration of HR processes.
The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of a quality HR services to staff, managers, apprentices and apprentice employers across all areas of HR. This position reports directly to Director of Finance & Resources / Deputy Chief Executive.
- Develop and lead the implementation of an HR strategy for the organisation, working with the Leadership team and Senior Managers
- Lead and deliver excellent talent development across the organisation to ensure our team is the best it can be.
- Identify and develop leaders in order to facilitate succession planning.
- Ensure best practice in all people management and development activities
- Work closely with the Leadership Team, Senior Managers and other line managers providing expert guidance on the full range of HR matters
- Develop effective HR policies and procedures to support the organisation’s aims and ethos
- Ensure that managers and staff are fully aware of HR policies
- Lead and develop the HR team to ensure the effective administration of HR processes
- Introduce and drive staffing-related change management initiatives
- Manage the recruitment, induction, absence, appraisal, reward, training, employee relations, redundancy, disciplinary and grievance processes
- Work with the HR Officer, apprenticeship Delivery and Finance teams to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all staff and apprentice payroll related matters including pensions and other benefits
- Act as the externally facing representative for HR for the organisation
- Provide HR related guidance to staff, managers, apprentices and apprentice employers
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors
- Produce reports on key HR statistics for the Leadership Team
- Manage HR record keeping to ensure they are accurate and complete
- Cover for the HR Officer
- Other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager
- The postholder will actively follow City Gateway policies
- The postholder will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the postholder
How to apply
To apply, please send in a CV accompanied by a Covering Letter explaining your interest in working for City Gateway and your suitability for the role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: 29th August 2017 at 9.00am
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly