(Two-year fixed-term contract - all year round)
This position would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking graduate looking for a career in human resources. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work alongside an experienced HR team.
Candidates must possess strong organisational skills coupled with high levels of numeracy and attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, along with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels, are also essential requirements. ICT skills and the ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data, in addition to producing correspondence, will be tested at interview.
Staff benefits include free lunches, automatic enrolment into the School’s designated defined contribution pension plan and the opportunity to join the Harrow School Sports Club.
The post holder will provide day to day administrative support to the HR team and contribute to the continued operational efficiency and development of the HR function within Harrow School. Duties will include:
- Deal with external and internal telephone enquiries and visitors, referring to other members of the HR team where necessary.
- Carry out general administrative duties such as handling of incoming and outgoing post; processing invoices; preparing, printing, scanning and filing letters and other confidential documents; prepare new employees packs; book meeting rooms and all associated arrangements for meetings; photocopying; ordering stationery; ordering flower or gifts.
- Under the supervision of the HR Co-ordinator, prepare offer letters, contracts and a range of standard letters and documents.
- Update HR databases and spreadsheets, including setting up new starters, and producing basic general reports, ensuring that data is clean and accurate.
- Carry-out pre-employment checks: DBS applications, safeguarding training, reference and right to work checks, liaising with managers as required.
- Chase missing documents/information from newly appointed employees and current employees.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and archiving of all HR files (electronic and paper) in compliance with the Data Protection Act, ensuring that all files are up to date, complete and have the appropriate sign-off.
- Support the employee absence management process by reconciling sick notes with absences, running absence reports and alerting HR Managers to potential absence issues.
- Assist with general recruitment tasks: email candidates, arrange interviews, assist with induction days for new employees, monitor recruitment inbox on a daily basis, arrange recruitment packs for interview panels, etc.
- Provide diary management and administrative support for the Head of HR.
- Support a range of training activities such as room bookings, liaising with trainers, delegates etc.
- Assist with other reasonable administrative duties, as requested.
Closing date: 31 August 2017
Completed application forms should be sent to Miss Kelly-Marie Madden, HR Administrator, either below or by post to 5 High Street, Harrow HA1 3HP.
If you have any queries or would like further information regarding a position, please call the HR team on +44 (0)20 8872 8314.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all successful candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with any past employer and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Harrow School is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for HR Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly