Head of HR
At Hodge, we aim to do the right thing. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also supporting good causes that are important to us.
The Group is currently undertaking a significant programme of business and cultural transformation with the aim of retaining and enhancing its competitive edge in a fast-moving financial services sector, and requires an individual who will relish and thrive in such an environment.
As Head of HR, you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic and operational input for the full range of people-related issues and decisions;
- Owning and delivering the HR strategy, challenging and improving the way we do things;
- Ensuring high levels of engagement throughout the business;
- Creating an inspiring and empowering workplace, where people are encouraged to achieve their full potential;
- Overseeing the L&D programme, ensuring team and individual development is an everyday priority;
- Facilitating a culture that is underpinned by having appropriate policies and procedures in place;
- Developing HR metrics/analytics to help inform the people agenda;
- Championing the delivery of organisational development and change in a culturally sensitive way, supporting senior executives in its implementation.
As a member of the senior executive team, it is essential that you can communicate effectively with senior business stakeholders.
Using your knowledge and experience, you will regularly report to Board. Excellent analytical and report-writing skills are therefore essential, with the ability to present information in an understandable and compelling manner.
The successful candidate will be CIPD qualified, ideally with Chartered Member (MCIPD) status.