HR Reward Specialist
We are hiring for a well-known FTSE listed, FCA regulated, customer-centric brand. We are seeking an experienced HR professional to support the Head of Reward & Performance in driving and delivering various group wide performance, behaviours and reward initiatives. This role would suit an experienced reward specialist or a generalist with previous reward / performance experience looking to specialise
Working in partnership with the Head of Reward & Performance you will be responsible for designing and delivering reliable and accurate data analysis for financial modelling as well as participating in salary survey requirements and companywide salary benchmarking. You will be expected to utilise new and existing tools in order to create an enhanced linkage between performance, reward and recognition.
- Define and develop the business performance management and reward proposition to drive forward key performance, reward and benefits initiatives which fit with the business plans, ensuring they are delivered successfully and embedded across the company.
- Review, refresh and evaluate reward solutions, policies and practices and assist in the development of a framework that delivers appropriate solutions in line with the business strategy on reward and compensation, making recommendations for change where appropriate.
- Conduct external research, assessment and benchmarking as part of the strategic process to identify new reward approaches that ensure that competitiveness is maintained in line with the reward strategy.
- Work with the HR Business Partner and Business Assurance teams to ensure consistency of performance management approach and delivery, whilst always looking for areas where improvement is attainable.
- Provide expert reward and benefits advice to customers, colleagues and senior management as required and undertake analysis and in-depth investigation of issues and problems within the function related to reward or salary issues.
- Project manage the overall delivery of the annual pay review and bonus schemes for both staff and management groups.
- Provide key stakeholders with essential cost modeling data and advise them on any impact and timescales of the reward solutions.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of key reward initiatives, including private healthcare, trust arrangements, flexible benefits scheme and loyalty and recognition schemes to the company.
- Ensuring that the recruitment, salary and benefit costs are controlled through effective management of the job evaluation policy and process.
Required Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Strong working knowledge of the reward and benefits arena including salary sacrifice plans and how they operate.
- A good understanding of job evaluation techniques, preferably with Hay methodology.
- Detailed knowledge of company HR policies, procedures and terms of employment.
- Highly proficient in using and delivering salary benchmarking capability.
- A solid understanding of the performance management cycle.
- Experience of negotiating with trade unions and building trade union relationships.
- Strong stakeholder management and proven track record of gaining buy in from the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation and third parties
- Strong project management and process change skills.
- Good data analysis and problem solving skills with experience in extracting and compiling data from multiple HR systems accurately.
- Advanced skills in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
For more information about the role please send your CV with a covering letter quoting reference LRHRRE917 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org