Job Description: Field Trainer
Our Passion is retail, our focus in innovation
The Harding Retail portfolio includes over 250 shops on 62 cruise ships worldwide. Working with some of the world’s largest and most prestigious cruise lines our business focuses on our clients, the cruise lines, and their guests – our retail customers.
Founded on the Harding family name and trusted since 1930, we provide an on board retail shopping experience of the highest standards.
Cruise Retailer of the Year 2017 with offices in Bristol, Miami and Sydney, we are a worldwide business that embodies all that is exciting in the world of international travel and duty free retail.
To observe on-board performance in all areas of retail, to act accordingly and design training materials fit for purpose to deliver to on-board shop teams. To ensure company training programs are fully utilized and to enforce all company standards.
Reports To: Training and Development Manager
Responsible For: Training and Development of all ship board employees
Place of Work: 60% field based (International) 40% office based (Bristol)
Duties and Key Responsibilities;
Coaching and training of on-board shop team performance
- You will observe interactions with guests on the shop floor and through active listening and questioning, you will coach individual team members to draw out their own solution to improve and develop.
- You will support Shop Managers in building individual coaching plans after performing gap analysis of their teams, and in coaching their teams on selling and service skills through coaching the coach
- Provide on-going feedback to Shop Managers, Area Manager and Training and Development Manager on the performance/progress of individual team members and overall team development.
- Leverage on guest experience results to coach individuals and support the retail shops to improve root cause of dissatisfaction
- Drive key training initiatives, e.g. "Guest Experience", through active and sustained in-store coaching contributing to the culture of shop-floor, focus and positive recognition
- In collaboration with all retail departments, actively facilitate product training, including new launches, Customer Service and Sales training to improve performance in all retail areas.
- Develop the retail team’s skills combining product information with selling skills to optimize cross-selling. You will leverage on role play and on-the-floor coaching to enhance the benefits to the guest.
- Ensure the Shop Management team has full visibility on training activities (progress, required actions, concerns etc.) making recommendations as needed
- Manage and monitor the quality and impact of all in-store training via follow up, partnering with the Shop and Area Management, maintaining an active shop floor presence to observe subsequent implementation and ensure true retention of training contents.
- Identify potential training talent within the shops to develop and partner in coaching others
- Management of company “LMS", ensuring all training is recorded.
Facilitate on-boarding of new starters
- Ensure a consistent on-boarding for all new starters including new starter inductions
- Liaise with HR to ensure proactive planning for new employees
- Ensure regular liaison with trainees, giving feedback on progress to the individual, their Manager and HR during on boarding and induction
General duties not specifically related to Training
- Act as a platform for sharing of experience / best practices among the shops on coaching initiatives/programs
- Lead by example in terms of the company's policies and procedures
- Exemplary personal service and grooming standards
- Retail management experience (min 2 years)
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
- Proven success in working with and through people in establishing goals, objectives and action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence others, skill and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Strong ability to be self-directed in planning own work.
- Ability to deliver training in group setting and 1-2-1
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; strong organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working through ambiguity and in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- CIPD level 3 qualified or above
- Training management experience
- Travel Retail experience
- Sales training experience
- Experience of working with LMS (Learning Management Systems)
Person Key Competencies;
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Leadership Focused
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Strong Training Skills
- Results Driven
- Engaging and personable
More jobs like this
- Non CIPD member Learning and Development Trainer Sales/Customer Service jobs in City of Bristol
- Non CIPD member Learning and Development Trainer Retail jobs in City of Bristol
- Non CIPD member Learning and Development Trainer Training jobs in City of Bristol
- Non CIPD member Learning and Development Trainer Travel & Hospitality jobs in City of Bristol