The new position of Human Resources Advisor at the RSPH is responsible for the implementation and development of the ‘people strategy’ so that we will have an exemplary system for recruiting, developing and taking care of our staff. We aim to deliver the best possible practices to enable our staff (approximately 50) to meet the mission of our organisation. This will involve providing a wide range of support and advice to managers, supporting a positive organisational culture and the day to day management of policies and programmes for employees of RSPH. The HR Advisory will also play a crucial part in supporting the CEO.
Responsible to: Director of Corporate Resources
Hours of Work: Some flexibility ( full time or 4 days per week)
- Overseeing the recruitment, retention and development of staff
- Creating a standard recruitment and induction process based on the values of RSPH
- Advising managers on performance management processes
- Oversight and monitoring of the appraisal process
- Advising managers and other employees on policies and procedures
- Reviewing and developing human resource policies in line with good practices
- Approving all job descriptions
- Keeping up to date with employment contracts and other records on all staff
- Working with HR consultants on legal issues
- Supervising/maintaining the holiday and sickness absence register
- Helping the CEO and senior staff to make the RSPH workplace truly fair, diverse and inclusive.
- Organising regular staff meetings and staff engagement
- Managing the activity of the RSPH Health Champions
- Developing staff training programmes and advising managers on staff development
- Managing the diary of the CEO
- Liaising e with trustees and RSPH leading stakeholders when necessary
The RSPH has approximately 50 staff based primarily at its headquarters in Aldgate, London. We are recruiting for a new position of Human Resources Advisor to take a proactive approach to recruiting, developing and taking care of our staff.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resources and , the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape this role and to develop their knowledge and span of experience across a range of human resource functions. We are seeking a generalist in HR who wants to build on their skills. The person recruited may be in the earlier stages of their career or someone who has taken a career break and wishes to return to a role in human resources. They may also be someone who prefers to be responsible for a general HR role in a smaller organisation.
Skills and Experience
At least 2 years post graduate or post qualification experience in human resources
Educated to degree level and/ or human resource qualification ( ie CIPD).
Good communications skills
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
Ability to command trust and respect
Proactive and pragmatic and ability to work well in a team
Relevant IT skills