Director of Human Resources
This is a new role for a senior HR generalist who thrives on leading HR strategy and operations. Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is a leading co-educational independent boarding school, employing about 600 full-time and part-time staff.
The School is undertaking an ambitious review of strategy to ensure excellence in all of its activities. As Director of Human Resources, you will be a member of the Uppingham Leadership Team, and will be responsible for leading and delivering the School’s HR strategy to make Uppingham School the employer of choice, both within the independent school sector and the local region.
Reporting to the Bursar, and managing a small team of HR professionals, you will lead and manage the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programmes for the School. Your remit will include responsibility for recruitment, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, pensions, organisational development and policy / compliance.
Key requirements for this pivotal new role include:
- Leadership of HR function in a medium to large organisation;
- Experience in devising HR strategy and delivering outcomes;
- Membership or Fellowship of the CIPD (or equivalent);
- Proven ability to manage innovation and change;
- Broad knowledge of pay and benefits, pension scheme administration, and HR systems;
- Demonstrable ability to lead, manage and develop staff;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise tactfully and assertively with all stakeholders.
In return, we offer several benefits such as a pension scheme, a 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme, as well as free membership of the School’s dual-use Sports Centre and a school fee discount scheme for children of staff (75% discount on day fees).
For further details and to apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 23 February 2018.
First round interviews will take place on 6 March 2018.
Second round interviews will take place on 13 March 2018.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.