Head of HR
Servelec HSC specialises in the design, development, deployment and support of software in healthcare together with social care and education within local government. We are the market leader in the mental and community health sectors in England and within social care in the UK.
Servelec HSC has over 20 years experience in developing clinically driven, enterprise wide solutions for use within the NHS and private healthcare organisations We have a software suite that covers Electronic Patient Records, Patient Administration Systems, Patient Flow Bed Management, Clinical Information Systems, e-Observations, e-Prescribing Technologies, all of which are fully supported on mobile and Portal solutions. In addition we provide next generation adult and social care and children’s services case management software, integrated with financial management and reporting modules, along with a comprehensive suite of products designed to give local authorities a practical, clear and reliable way of managing critical information around the education, safeguarding and care of children and young people.
The business has recently been delisted from the Stock Exchange following its acquisition in January 2018 by Montagu Private Equity, a leading pan-European private equity firm investing in buyouts of businesses headquartered in Northern Europe.
The Head of HR (Servelec HSC) is a newly created role to support and align with the forthcoming reorganisation of the Servelec Group (post acquisition). This is a position for a CIPD qualified HR leader with extensive experience in a senior HR role with the ability to influence at all levels (and ideally with experience of mergers and acquisitions), thorough a working knowledge of UK employment legislation, and strong commercial acumen and credibility.
The current Head of HR for Servelec Group, currently working 3 days per week, is on a phased exit plan, having supported the business through the sale process, and will be available to support the onboarding of the successful candidate into this new role.
The Head of HR will be expected to implement HR strategy within the organisation by working alongside business leaders, supporting both the business and its c280 employees to achieve their full potential.
This will involve leading the HR team for a multi-site organisation and delivering on a well-executed and well-considered HR service in relation to a number of key business matters including resourcing, change management, employee engagement, HR projects, along with potential future mergers and acquisitions, with direction from the Group CEO and support from the rest of the C Suite and HR team as appropriate.
Head of HR - Job Description
The Head of HR has full responsibility for the Human Resources activity for Servelec HSC, with duties centred on driving people management strategy and managing the HR team, procedures and processes.
- Implement HR strategy within the organisation working alongside business leaders
- Lead and develop the HR team
- Enforce best practice
- Work closely with business leaders and line management providing expert guidance on a variety of HR matters
- Develop effective HR procedures and policies to reflect business aims and focus
- Advise on compliance and risk management issues
- Work within and apply key business drivers to people management strategies
- Ensure that managers and staff are fully aware of HR policies
- Management of high performance generalist HR services
- Introduce and drive change management initiatives
- Overall responsibility of the recruitment process
- Oversee investigations and complex employee relations issues including redundancy and grievance
- Keep all employees informed of key organisational issues
- Evaluate and make recommendations on cost-effective training and development programmes
- Act as the externally facing representative for HR for the organisation
- Extensive experience in a senior HR role
- Qualified CIPD member
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Strong track-record in HR generalist and change management roles
- Commercial acumen and credibility
- Extensive experience of managing a team
- Faultless communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough working knowledge of UK employment legislation
- CV and experience screen
- Face to face interviews (minimum 2)
- Group Presentation
- Testing - likely to include technical, psychometric, verbal and numeral reasoning, etc.
- Informal Discussion - likely to include HR Team members, functional heads, etc.
If you are looking for a highly challenging role in an extremely progressive and well respected organisation, we are keen to hear from you.
Applications, to include a CV and cover letter detailing your current and expected remuneration, should be sent to Yvonne Hackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org