HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Purpose of the Position:
- To provide the day to day operational guidance and direction to the CTP directorate and management teams to enable effective people management across all levels.
- To give strategic insight to the people planning process that support longer term plans to recruit, retain and develop enthusiastic team members committed to supplying excellent levels of client support.
- Be an effective communicator and build relationships at all levels to enable the support, advice and challenge of people practices within the business.
1.Drive the delivery of HR strategic initiatives
- To maintain and further develop knowledge of the Utilities Supply Management sector and the changing business environment.
- Work closely with and provide appropriate challenge to the management team to be a key contributor of the business's decision-making process.
- Project manage organisation changes resulting from strategic initiatives.
- With Managers, initiate relevant people development and contingency plans that drive and support the delivery of core business objectives.
2.Provide proactive operational support to the Management team
- Work with the Management team to critically assess levels of resource. Provide advice and support on all recruitment issues.
- Work to enhance the Management capability on all management issues including employee development, absence management, and employee relations issues.
- Manage the annual review and appraisal processes.
- Provide expert advice in all areas of HR policy and practice, keeping employment law knowledge current.
- Effectively manage the employee relations workload, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a timely manner and with a pragmatic approach.
- Support line managers through ER conduct and capability casework.
- Support directors and managers with the effective and efficient performance of their employees, identifying and facilitating appropriate interventions through the performance management processes.
3.Support and drive Talent Management
- Identify current and future critical roles and deliver succession planning to accommodate this.
- Critically assess the level of capability and work with the Management teams to support performance management and career discussions across the teams.
- Support Managers to develop their teams, enhancing capability to support client requirements.
- Assess the training needs in the teams to maximise the potential of people and where appropriate organise training programs to meet that need.
- Support employees through organisational change initiatives.
- 4.Fulfil other duties as required:
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to initiating new approaches and activities that support business objective, monitor results and identify future opportunities.
- Identify policy or procedural gaps and take the initiative to resolve anomalies.
- Proactively support and integrate HR objectives into day to day business areas.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable UK and EU employment legislation; conducting investigations; maintaining records; supporting the organisations at employment tribunals if necessary.
- Manage the annual salary review process, advising management on promotion and salaries including conducting benchmarking.
- Excellent generalist HR experience
- A strong understanding of UK employment law
- Change management experience
- Proven ability in both formal and informal coaching
- University educated (technical discipline desirable)
- Completed a HR graduate scheme - (desirable)
- Experienced in dealing with low level disciplinary/grievances (essential.)
- Previous experience in a professional services type organisation (desirable)
- Computer literate
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team Work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drive for results
- Influencing/negotiation skills
- Understanding of business management
- CIPD Qualified minimum of a Level 5 CIPD qualification with at least 2 years' experience.
- Clear focus on the achievement of targeted results
- Ability to build effective relationships and gain employee buy-in
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to generate innovative HR solutions
- Good all-round business knowledge
- Business/commercial focus
- The ability to work under pressure and with personnel at all levels
- Tact and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Comfortable working in both an operational & strategic capacity
- Previous line management experience
- Confidence to work with occasionally challenging stakeholders
- People oriented and results driven
- Proven ability to deal discretely with people issues