Senior Talent Acquisition Manager - Directorate 4.3.1 (HR Customer Interface & Talent Management)
The European Patent Office
With almost 7 000 employees, the European Patent Office (EPO) is one of the largest public service institutions in Europe. Its headquarters are in Munich and it also has offices in Berlin, Brussels, The Hague and Vienna. The EPO was founded with the aim of strengthening co-operation on patents in Europe. Through the EPO's centralised patent granting procedure, inventors are able to obtain high-quality patent protection in up to 44 countries, covering a market of some 700 million people. The EPO is also the world's leading authority in patent information and patent searching.
The EPO received over 165 000 patent applications and granted over 105 000 patents, in 2017. Its free online patent database, Espacenet, contains more than 100 million technical documents from 100 countries, and its free neural machine translation service, Patent Translate, provides instant, high-quality translation in 32 languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
What we offer
- intellectual challenges and empowerment through professional development
- the chance to work with inspiring people from various different cultures
- an excellent social package
- contributory medical-insurance and pension schemes
- depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependants', childcare, education, expatriation, installation and rent allowance)
Part of Principal Directorate Human Resources, Directorate 4.3.1 (HR Customer Interface and Talent Management) is responsible for all talent-related activities, from talent acquisition and development to talent management.
Within Directorate 4.3.1, the Talent Acquisition department is composed of around 13 staff based in Munich and The Hague, five of whom are senior talent acquisition managers. It is responsible inter alia for developing the EPO's talent acquisition strategy to proactively ensure a diverse workforce and to attract and select the best talents in Europe. A large portion of the department's activities relate to the recruitment of multiple multilingual engineers and scientists a year from the European Patent Organisation's 38 member states to become European patent examiners.
We are looking for a senior talent acquisition manager/recruiter to join our team in The Hague (preferably) or Munich.
Your main responsibilities
- Acting as a talent acquisition consultant for managers and HR colleagues
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies for different profiles incl. active sourcing strategies
- Selection: Designing selection processes to enable managers to make informed choices, based on rich and accurate insights about a candidate's strengths and areas for development
- Developing and implementing a talent pipelining concept for your area of responsibility
- Supporting and actively contributing to the EPO's employer branding strategy
- Representing the EPO as an employer of choice at fairs and with external stakeholders (e.g. universities and other relevant organisations)
- Contributing to the continuous development of the talent acquisition portfolio by assuming responsibility as subject-matter expert for parts of the TA strategy
- Participation and support for projects and working groups
What we expect from you
- a minimum of five years' experience working as a recruiter in an international enterprise or head-hunting agency, and corresponding experience of recruiting especially technical profiles in tight labour markets
- high market intelligence concerning labour markets in Europe, corresponding talent acquisition trends and strategies, and a very good knowledge of the tools and sourcing channels available
- strong expertise in different approaches towards attracting talent in tight markets, with a focus on diversity
- very good knowledge of conventional and innovative sourcing channels
- very good knowledge of interviewing and selection techniques, including psychometric tools
- a proactive and forward-thinking approach, initiative, the ability to develop new solutions when required, and a willingness to take personal responsibility
- highly developed communication skills, both written and oral
- very good interpersonal skills, including the ability to build up strong networks with internal and external stakeholders
- ability to work in a team and under tight deadlines while providing a customer-focused service
- experience in an international working environment
- Diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of one official language (English, French or German) and ability to understand the other two. In exceptional cases, excellent knowledge of one official language and working knowledge of another. In such cases, the willingness to learn the third language and to reach level B2 within three years would be required.
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7-10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 500 to 7 800, depending on experience)
Duration of appointment: five years
Career path: Technical
Location: The Hague/Munich
Application deadline: 14.06.2018
Timeframe: It is intended to hold the interviews in weeks 27 and 28 in The Hague and/or Munich.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.