Stand alone HR Manager
A leading, fast growing transportation business based in Central London.
Strategic HR Management
. In consultation with the Executive Directors, prepare and implement an annual HR Plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Company.
Support organisational and cultural development across the business and support/ advise team leaders on HR policies and Procedures, performance management, talent management and development, values and behaviours to ensure alignment across the business..
Support the Directors and managers on appropriate incentives e.g. annual review, bonus, Salary benchmarking - internal and external.
Review of benefits package, Introduction of new schemes.
Implementation and administration of pay and benefits e.g. medical, pension, holidays, salary adjustments
Manage benefits partners, and forward appropriate updated details
Onboarding and Offboarding of new joiner, leavers, new salary etc.
Building great working relationships, trust, and credibility with employees and management. Answer questions and support employees whenever appropriate and effectively manage queries and follow up action. Show and encourage an open helpful approach to working together.
Work closely with senior and line managers, providing guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities in order to ensure a consistent, fair and legal approach to people management. Keep up to date with legal developments and manage compliance and risk factors
Review and implement relevant HR policies and practices to comply with best practice and legislation whilst maintaining a flexible, responsive performance culture within an international framework. Ensure that the staff handbook is comprehensive and up-to-date. Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively
Drive, manage and support performance management issues and decisions. Shares expertise, experience and judgment, and effective manages difficult situations, decisions and follow up action. Manages investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with the Executive Directors, and appropriate line managers.
Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Board's policies, best practice and employment legislation. Consult employment lawyer when required. Manage all matters with sensitivity and professionally.
Learning and Development
Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up. In consultation with line managers, follow up individual development needs and source external training provision when required. Manage training requirements within budget.
Administer the evaluation of all learning and development activities
Make recommendations on a cost-effective development programmes to support the people management strategy
Organise training and development activities and annual budget, ensuring development needs are managed. Conduct and engage in development workshops and follow up actions
* Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
* Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
* Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
* Ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with key members of the Executive team
* Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
* Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
* Demonstrable experience in managing redundancy or other relevant HR projects
* Strong understanding of employment law
* Current CIPD qualification or working towards it.
* A pragmatic and commercial approach to HR, who can work with the business needs and help it grow.
* HR professional who has enjoyed working in standalone capacity in a fast growing dynamic business, and tight team, with a business partner approach.
£50,000 - £60,000 plus generous benefits package.