HR Business Partner in Dir. 4.3.1 (HR Customer Interface and Talent Management) - LIKELY TO ARISE
4 days left
- Full Time
The European Patent Office
With almost 7 000 employees, the European Patent Office (EPO) is one of the largest public service institutions in Europe. Its headquarters are in Munich and it also has offices in Berlin, Brussels, The Hague and Vienna. The EPO was founded with the aim of strengthening co-operation on patents in Europe. Through the EPO's centralised patent granting procedure, inventors are able to obtain high-quality patent protection in up to 44 countries, covering a market of some 700 million people. The EPO is also the world's leading authority in patent information and patent searching.
The EPO received over 165 000 patent applications and granted over 105 000 patents, in 2017. Its free online patent database, Espacenet, contains more than 100 million technical documents from 100 countries, and its free neural machine translation service, Patent Translate, provides instant, high-quality translation in 32 languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
What we offer
- intellectual challenges and empowerment through professional development
- the chance to work with inspiring people from various different cultures
- an excellent social package
- contributory medical-insurance and pension schemes
- depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependants', childcare, education, expatriation, installation and rent allowance)
As part of Principal Directorate Human Resources, the Directorate HR Customer Interface and Talent Management (D 4.3.1) is responsible for all talent-related activities, from acquisition to development and management. D 4.3.1 is currently looking for a motivated and reliable new team member for the role of HR business partner within its Talent Management department.
HR business partners are line managements' first point of contact with HR. In conformity with the strategic objectives of the EPO and acting as a trusted advisor, HR business partners help the business units and leadership team to improve organisational capability and drive change. They provide advice on end-to-end talent management needs and strategy, resolve employee issues and contribute to the achievement of the strategic and operating business unit objectives.
In the role of strategic partner, you will
1. work closely with line management to understand its business needs and challenges and translate these into individual, team and organisational HR plans, particularly in the following areas:
- workforce planning
- performance management
- health management
- staff engagement
- communication and change management
- conflict management
2. ensure that people management policies are understood and smoothly implemented
- A minimum of five years' professional experience in HR in a similar role or at least two professional HR areas (two centres of excellence or broad-based HR experience)
- Experience in developing, integrating, delivering and managing fit-for-purpose HR strategies
- Knowledge and experience in the development and facilitation of strategic change initiatives
- An understanding of key HR expertise areas, in particular the talent management cycle (talent development and talent acquisition) as well as learning and development, workforce planning, impact of compensation and benefits, staff mobility, medical services, leadership, etc., to ensure effective business diagnosis and solutions
- Ability to provide a customer-focused service
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while remaining result-oriented
- Diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of one official language (English, French or German) and ability to understand the other two. In exceptional cases, excellent knowledge of one official language and working knowledge of one other. In such cases, the willingness to learn the third language and to reach level B2 within three years would be required.
- Citizenship of one of the 38 member states of the European Patent Organisation.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7-G10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 500 to 7 800, depending on experience; after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes)
Duration of appointment: five years
Career path: Technical
Location: The Hague/Munich
Application deadline: 14.06.2018
Time frame: It is intended to hold the interviews in week 27 in Munich.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.