Education & Training Manager - Part Time
Salary: £16,648 per annum
Hours: 24 hours (3/4 days)
Saint Michael’s is the local charity that exists to help people live with terminal illness and bereavement. One in three local people are affected by the work that we do.
Reporting to the HR Director, the Education & Training Manager will be responsible for ensuring the training strategy and activity across the Hospice is appropriate to meet the needs of the organisation. This role will have a high profile within the Hospice, communicating and influencing at all levels and across multiple functions throughout the business. You will be supported by a Training Administrator.
This role will be strategic and organisational; however you should have experience of training delivery.
We are specifically looking for candidates who have the following experience:
- Managing a training function preferably in a Health environment, including staff management, strategy formulation and budgetary control;
- Have the confidence and ability to represent the Hospice’s interests with third party organisations with the presence and gravitas to operate at all levels and influence decisions;
- Negotiating contracts with training providers;
- Operating with a hands-on approach with the ability to quickly assess training needs and formulate the most relevant and workable solutions across a multi-functional business with the ability to design and deliver solutions where appropriate.
- The application of digital technology to deliver development solutions.
- The post holder will be a proactive role model who supports the provision of clinical education, working alongside healthcare practitioners to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and, effective evidence-based care.
Essential attributes include - excellent research, numeracy and analytical skills, strong positive communication and influencing skills, a passion for Education & Training with the ability to take complicated processes and procedures and translate them to a range of blended learning solutions, project management, time management and IT skill as well as experience in this field. You will have a strategic outlook on how to help grow our Hospice through innovative training and development.
• 21 days holiday per year (Based on 3 days per week)
• Comprehensive Induction Programme
• Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contribution of 8% and variable employee contribution
• Childcare Vouchers
• Free Group Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Scheme (24/7 Confidential support service)
• Dining Facilities with subsidised meals
• Free Car Parking/Walking distance from Hornbeam Park Station
• Free DBS/CRB check
Please click Apply where you will directed to our recruitment website.
Alternatively please call Helen/Alison in the HR Team at Saint Michaels Hospice, Harrogate.
This post is to start on 1st August 2018.
Completed applications to be received by 12noon on 12th June 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 21st June 2018 at Crimple House.