Swindell & Pearson Ltd is a legal services firm that helps businesses and individuals secure patent and trade mark protection for their ideas, inventions and brands. We have been serving our clients’ intellectual property needs for over 135 years.
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Practice Manager to join the management team at our head office in Derby. Reporting to the board, this role is key to the business and facilitating the smooth running of our professional practice.
Duties and responsibilities
With a varied and challenging role, the successful Practice Manager will be involved in many aspects of the day to day running of the firm.
The main responsibilities of the diverse workload include:-
- Handling all areas of HR including the recruitment cycle, employment contracts, inductions, appraisals, disciplinary issues etc.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Managing the office administration/reception team.
- Running and overseeing all of our facilities.
- Improving fee earner efficiency and performance.
Skills and experience required
We are looking for a confident HR professional with detailed employment law knowledge. Ideally you will be CIPD qualified with a minimum of five years’ experience in HR. You will demonstrate all round skills in people management and have exemplary organisational skills together with excellent oral and written communication skills. We expect you to be positive, approachable and able to quickly win the trust of the directors. Previous experience of general practice management would be advantageous.
In return, we can offer:-
- A long term future with a profitable firm.
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlement.
- Commitment to training.
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- Contributory pension scheme.
Please visit our website www.patents.co.uk for further information about the firm.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for this role (with details of your salary expectations) to Emma Cook at Swindell & Pearson Ltd, 48 Friar Gate, Derby DE1 1GY or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.