PART TIME HR OFFICER (0.6 Equivalent, flexible working hours)
The Yehudi Menuhin School requires a part-time HR Officer to be responsible for the provision of comprehensive support on all HR matters on behalf of the school.
Day to day duties and responsibilities are as follows:
· To ensure completion of appropriate employment and vetting checks in compliance with the current ISI (Independent School Inspectorate) regulations and Keeping Children Safe in Education.
· To sit on interview panels as required.
· Preparing contracts of employment and contract amendments.
· To advise and support staff with regard to vetting checks required for visitors, volunteers and contractors.
· To provide generalist HR advice, guidance and support to all staff.
· Update or write job descriptions for vacant positions.
· Administer the staff employee files both manually and electronically.
· Provide induction support where necessary.
· To be responsible for the Single Central Register but to liaise with the Head’s PA; Finance Director and Compliance Officer.
· Managing absenteeism through absence management policy for both short and long term absence.
· To provide HR support to line managers on staff disciplinary, capability and grievance matters.
· To manage the training development requirements for staff.
· Ongoing review and enhancement of School’s HR policy and procedures in line with legislative developments. Liaise with HR Support Company.
· Update Payroll amendments on monthly basis and produce a report.
· Liaise with the Accountant on Payroll and resolve issues, and annual salary review.
This is not a definitive list of duties; you will be expected to undertake such other duties as requested from time to time.
The role requires a qualified HR manager who is proficient with Microsoft Office 365. This is a hands on role in a small friendly team for a willing person with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Closing Date for Application 9am 15th June 2018
Applications must be made using the School’s own application form (available on school website www.menuhinschool.co.uk). Please note that a CV without a completed application form will not be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
Mr. S Browning, Finance Director, Yehudi Menuhin School, Stoke d’Abernon, Cobham, Surrey. KT11 3QQ or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Yehudi Menuhin School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and with the DBS. The School is an equal opportunities employer.
· Educated to degree level or similar.
· Experience of working in a generalist HR role (including all aspects of recruitment).
· Evidence of continuous professional development in the area of HR.
· Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and its practical application.
· Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.
· The ability to work with discretion at all times and have a calm demeanour.
· An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong IT skills.
· Good time management with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise as necessary.
· CIPD membership
· Previous experience of working in a school and/or knowledge of HR in schools and current school safeguarding regulations.
· Safeguarding and Child Protection awareness (although full training will be given in the area of Safeguarding and Child Protection and Safer Recruitment).
Registered Charity 312010.