The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most multidisciplinary which reflects the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians. This encompasses all those who shape or are impacted by the work of engineers.
We are looking for an executive to join our ambitious and energetic senior leadership team as HR Director.
- Responsible for shared senior level decision making, as a member of the Executive Team and to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Build and clearly articulate a common sense of vision for HR that supports and aligns to the vision, values and future direction of the IET.
- Lead the HR team in its role of ensuring effective people management exists across the organisation that gets the best out of our people, enhances organisational culture and supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
The Person – you will need:
- Experience within senior HR roles operating at business leadership team level, with the ability to shape and clearly articulate strategies and to influence senior colleagues.
- Broad and deep generalist HR experience encompassing expertise within organisation design, performance, employee relations, talent and development.
- Experience of developing, implementing and managing reward programs.
- The ability and desire to blend the strategic and operational demands of a HR and business leadership role within a mid-sized enterprise of some 600 employees.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to create and develop a highly motivated, focused team, operating in an environment of trust and openness.
- Highly developed communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to initiate, and build effective relationships at all levels.
If you are interested in this role and the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the IET:
Please apply to our recruitment partners Paul Tanton and Rosie Jenkins by using the link below;
Please submit your CV and covering letter in Word format detailing current remuneration and notice period
For a confidential discussion contact Paul or Rosie on +44 (0)1962 735577.