Head of Learning & Organisational Development
A Head of Learning & Organisational Development is required by North Bristol NHS Trust to lead the development of the learning and organisational strategy for North Bristol NHS Trust. This team forms a fundamental part of our newly established organisational structure to deliver our workforce agenda for 2017-2021.
You will be based at Southmead Hospital in North Bristol. Salary from 47.1K to £58.2K & excellent NHS benefits, starting on 27 days AL + bank holidays and excellent pension.
- You will be core to an exciting opportunity to deliver several challenging, large scale, yet achievable leadership transformation projects within an ambitious and improving large acute NHS Trust (~£550m turnover, ~8000+ staff)
- You will have the opportunity to shape your expert team and lead the development of the learning and organisational development vision for the Trust across all staff groups, to deliver our strategic objectives of creating an excellent workforce foe the future and devolving decision making and empowering frontline staff to lead
- You will be a senior leader within an ambitious organisation with a good track record of realising challenging improvements and the appetite to continue to transform and innovate within a ‘can do’ culture
- You will be part of a dedicated and committed team in one of the most modern hospitals in Europe with an international reputation for world-class clinical care
And if you are from outside the area, Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, and gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
As Head of Learning & Organisational Development you will be responsible for:
- Working with all stakeholders to lead the development and implementation of a Trust wide, integrated Learning & Organisational Development strategy
- Develop and implement the Trust wide leadership and management development framework
- Develop and implement the Trust wide approach to talent management and succession planning, including the development of a Trust wide performance review process that places individuals at every level at its core
Your key duties will therefore include:
- Team development, management, motivation and leadership
- Stakeholder management at all levels
- Provision of expert consultancy and leadership on all aspects of both operational and strategic learning & organisational development
- Strategic leadership to ensure continuing alignment of team deliverables to evolving business needs
- Development and implementation of appropriate tools, processes and governance to support the delivery of team objectives
The successful Head of Learning & Organisational Development will have significant experience of:
- Senior leadership and management experience of the learning & organisational development agenda
- Leading a customer focussed service
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of best practice learning and organisational development approaches that underpin an organisational culture of continuous learning
- Successful delivery of substantial workforce related projects
- Effective management of multiple concurrent work streams
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent people and stakeholder skills
- First class workload management, project management and organisation skills
- Strong training, coaching and influencing skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-deliver results
Closing date 19th June 2018 so apply now!
Interviews date: 2nd July 2018
Please contact Liz Perry, Deputy Director of People on 0117 41 43786 to arrange an informal conversation or visit.