Reports to: HR Business Partner
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
- Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
- Committed to listening and learning
- Collaborative in our approach to success
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
To support the achievement of business and people objectives within the RPS, by providing a customer focussed service. Assisting line managers and our people through professional, commercial and pragmatic HR advice and support. Working with the other HR Advisor to complete the monthly payroll process.
- Provides professional and confidential HR advice, support and administration across the full range of HR activity; including employee relations issues, terms and conditions of service, policies and procedures.
- Employment relations issues such as discipline, grievance, appeals, change and absence management are dealt with fairly, commercially and pragmatically. Identifying any potential risks to the business, conducting thorough investigations, fully considering the right course of action and identifying areas for improvement. Company and legal procedures are followed.
- Coordinates and delivers learning and development initiatives in line with the L&D strategy. Facilitate course evaluation to ensure their effectiveness. Monitor the completion and quality of PDRs across the Society and collate the identified training needs. Use people plans to plan learning initiatives and play an active role in drafting the L&D Budget.
- Develops relationships with our business partners, learns and understands our organisation and our customers/members which enables us to offer value added advice with our people and our customers at the heart of what we do.
- Maintains current and accurate information within the HRIS and shared drive and produces robust management information aligned to business needs. Maintaing data protection at all times.
- Leads the timely and accurate processing of the Society payroll and production of relevant HR correspondence and contractual documents.
- Understanding and following Company policies to support and advise line managers and our people. Actively part of the review and updating HR policies and procedures and the HR Policy Library
- Support the recruitment life cycle, when necessary; advertise vacancies, liaise with recruitment agencies, respond to applicant queries, participate in recruitment panels, send out offer packs, induct new starters, confirm or extend staff probations.
- Conducts job evaluations and/or salary benchmarking ensuring consistency across the organisation and understanding the external market.
- Regularly contributes across the HR team as a whole, recommending improvements to systems and procedures to improve efficiency in the department and also by supporting the HR Business Partner in developing HR’s strategic role within the organisation.
- Undertakes HR project work when required.
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
- Prompt, legally compliant advice or guidance to enable the resolution of issues and delivery of HR activities;
- Line Managers and our people are provided with clear, relevant and effective advice compliant with organisational policy and employment legislation;
- HR and payroll actions & documentation are prepared in a timely and accurate manner;
- Adherence to deadlines for management reports, payroll completion and sign-off, payment of invoices;
- HR systems kept accurate and up-to-date;
- Employee relations issues/cases successfully resolved and potential issues identified and resolved.
- Identifying, delivering and coordinating value adding learning and development leading to an improvement in the employee engagement survey.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Managing the organisation
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
Level required – ops, mgr, senior mgr
Delivering a member and customer focussed service
Planning and organisation
Openness to change
Negotiating and influencing
Knowledge & Skills for this job
- Proven experience in HR and in-house payroll administration and providing professional HR advice and service to employees and managers;
- CIPD qualification (with Graduate or Associate (Assoc CIPD) level membership) or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of employment legislation and practical experience of managing employee relations casework;
- Experience of managing relationships with external payroll/benefits providers;
- Strong experience of administering and using HR and payroll databases and associated report and self-service functions;
- Experience of creating, delivering and managing learning and development initiatives;
- Strong IT and numeracy skills, with experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically and maintain confidentiality with internal and external stakeholders to deliver solutions.
DATE JOB DESCRIPTION AGREED: May 2018