Our client's Finance Department has transformed from a transactional recording and reporting role to a partnering role within the business. There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their Finance team and add increased value to the daily operations throughout the organisation.
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary:£27,387 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Our client, a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. Their mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at their two zoos, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager you will assist the Payroll unit with monthly payroll preparation, data input, payroll reconciliations and assisting with general payroll administration. In conjunction with the Payroll Manager, it will be the Payroll Administrators responsibility to assist in timely and accurate payment of employee’s pay for the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with proven payroll experience looking to further develop their career and work in a fun, engaging environment. You will have exposure to a variety of departments within an international organisation. If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the Payroll unit, then they would love to hear from you.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with HR and Department Manager’s to ensure that all the relevant information in relation to Payroll is received accurately and on time in line with Payroll deadlines.
- Collate, check and input payroll information ensuring all starters, leavers, changes to employee’s details and changes to pay are actioned correctly. All information should be checked for authorised signatures and appropriate documentation prior to payroll input.
- Ensure data collection and payroll input of all payroll information such as P45/P46, student loans, court orders, are inputted accurately and on time, checking for errors and omissions.
- Deal with payroll queries, statement of earnings and other payroll related correspondence.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have prior experience working within a busy payroll office or a similar function either running a payroll or assisting with general payroll administration.
- Hold a payroll qualification or equivalent level of work experience in a related field.
- Have experience of engaging with non-payroll business areas and outside organisations, i.e. HMRC.
- Have an understanding of relevant payroll legislation.
- Be knowledgeable and a confident user of an integrated HR/Payroll system, preferred experience of iTrent (Midlands HR).
- Ability to stay calm and work well under pressure.
- Have excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills.
- Be highly organised and be excellent at prioritising and multi-tasking (manage a diverse workload and meet strict deadlines).
- Proficient with Microsoft packages – (in particular strong Excel skills), Word and Office with the ability to data input fast and accurately.
- Friendly individual who enjoys working in a team and is a good communicator.
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position based at their head office and the position is available to start as soon as possible. A part time role if preferred may be considered.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, joint contributory pension scheme (7% employer contribution), complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 24th June 2018.
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Our client kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.