Haymarket’s Human Resources team are looking for a pro-active, organised and enthusiastic Employee Relations Advisor to join us. This role reports into the HR Business Partner and will be primarily responsible to deliver a commercially focussed HR service to our business.
This role will deliver effective, timely advice and support consistent with business values and objectives. Key aims are to mitigate risks and work to minimise cases.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong communicator to work within a diverse environment enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues, cases and projects. A great opportunity for someone keen to develop their career in HR or for an experienced HR professional looking to make a positive impact.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Employee Relations/Case Resolution
- Partner with senior managers and the HR team to create and sustain positive employee relations across the business.
- Take ownership of and provide support & advice/solutions to all line managers on HR issues such as redundancy, performance management, maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, absenteeism, disciplinaries, grievances, flexible working requests, exit interviews etc.
- Provide management coaching to resolve employee relations issues. Support appropriate training to enable line managers to proactively manage issues and develop their ER skills.
- Work with HRBPs to ensure all parties are aware of ER cases and ensure that all high risk issues are flagged up. Including management of the appeals process with the appropriate HR Business Partner.
- Undertake HR project work as required in own area of expertise, either individually or within a project team and support related business projects where own area of expertise has an impact
- Build strong, credible and visible relationships across the business and be viewed as a trusted advisor to promote good employee relations across the organisation.
Employee relations policy and processes:
- Provide specialist, hands on employee relations and employment policy advice and solutions to management and the HR Team.
- Analyse, diagnose, design, and revise employee relations policies, processes and practices to sustain positive employee relations.
- Keep up to date with relevant employment legislation to implement best practice and procedure, and utilise tools and templates to ensure policies are adhered to correctly.
- Provide strategic insight for the HR Team on all ER with focus on mitigating risk, reporting company ER statistics and planning for future legislation.
- To be an ambassador for the wider HR team whilst also ensuring you remain confidential and sensitive to the nature of the work.
- Supporting the HR team on wider HR tasks, processes and projects, when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties consistent with the post.
- CIPD qualification or working towards.
- Significant and demonstrable employee relations experience. Employment law knowledge and managing complex ER issues.
- Commercial awareness of cost versus benefit for different employee solutions
- Understanding of best practice and regulatory processes involved for disciplinaries, grievances, redundancies, appeals and absence management.
- Ability to remain resilient and calm under pressure when managing challenging and sensitive situations.
- Proven experience of operating in a role which requires the ability to influence at all levels – is happy to “roll their sleeves up” and work both in the detail and bigger picture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the gravitas to influence senior stakeholders across the company.
- Ability to interpret ER related data, produce analysis and commercially based recommendations/ solutions.
- Enjoy and have experience of working in a fast-moving environment, preferably media related.
- Be a positive team/support player to the HR, Recruitment and L&D team.