Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries in the South East of England with its Head Office based in Stanmore.
We are seeking a HR Manager, ideally full time but will consider part time to support 200 employees who has a strong generalist HR background, this will initially be a standalone role with a view to employee an additional team member. You will provide first line support to all staff with HR related issues. You will look after the full employee life cycle including any ER issues. You will need to be up to date with employment law but will still be able to get legal expertise when required.
The role will suit a well-rounded HR Generalist who will take ownership and lead the function. You will be confident in all things HR, a great communicator and relationship builder as well as proactive, independent and autonomous, someone who possesses great attention to detail and strong knowledge of UK Employment Law. You can make this role your own and grow with the company as we continue to expand.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have worked as HR Manager before
- CIPD qualified
- Be able to build strong working relationships and communication effectively
- Be able to manager ER casework and performance management issues
- Be able to work closely with line managers and provide employment law advice
- Be able to provide specialist HR advice such as TUPE
- Have knowledge in creating and implementing Learning and Development Activities, Reward and Recognition, Performance Management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Good administration and IT skills
- An enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude who is willing to share ideas and expertise
- Flexible, practical approach and willing to get your hands ‘dirty’
- Be able to drive and have own car
- Have an enhanced DBS with access to the Children’s Barred List on the update service or be happy to obtain one
- Experience of implementing a HR Information system
- Have worked within an Education setting before